Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Computer Sound System  » Electronics  »
  • The bass output is one of the best that I have heard
  • I have never enjoyed listening to music this much

• by LaPinay

Are you a dedicated audiophile? I use to be one, back when I had the time to waste time in Music One building my collection of audio CDs. Good thing I was able to burn my CDs before typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana rendered my entire collection useless.

It’s very different listening to CDs in a home theater and in my laptop.

I miss the

crescendos of Beethoven’s music.

Good thing a good friend, who is also an audiophile, lent me his Bowers & Wilkins MM-1, hi-fidelity speakers for computers from Bowers & Wilkins, makers of the audio system for Jaguar XJ.

There are really no words to capture the feel of the reverberating music in this computer sound system.

There are no subwoofers in this sound ...

• system, but they do a pretty awesome job of giving hi-fidelity music.

The bass output is one of the best that I have heard.

Of course they do not come cheap, a pair of these with a pebble remote control will set you back some US$500.

The fact that Jaguar chose this company for their XJ says a lot about the quality.

They are small enough not to overwhelm the décor of your table and yet can easily prettify it at the same time.

The sound is never hard on your ears even though it can get loud too if you need it to.

I have never enjoyed listening to music this much.

I might have to buy my own pair once he decides to ask for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 165071173730631/k2311a075/7.5.10