Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)  » Movies  »
  • I enjoyed some of the elitist vampires in the end scenes
  • I can recommend New Moon, and I think lovers of both monster movies and romantic films will enjoy it

• by StarbaseOne

One of the many vampire vs. werewolf movies that have graced the silver screen, New Moon rates among one of the better attempts. It had a good blend of romance, action, and suspense, while not overplaying the supernatural card. The mixture was good, but and it added more than just being a sequel to the first Twilight film.

The main characters all developed and grew, much as we had expected. Some into werewolves, others into

half psychotic dreamers. The girl’s father seems to be the only character who didn’t change, and is still oblivious to the vampires and werewolves in his neighborhood. I liked the re-appearance of some old foes, the evil vampires. The setting were well done here, and the costumes were nicely designed, great for this type of setting.

I’m not sure if there was a point to the Wolf Pack (with Taylor Lautner, much hyped) always ...

• walking around without shirts, unless to attract more views to admire they buff bodies. You get used to it after awhile, and I do guess this does play into the idea that they would need to replace ripped shirts almost every day… so why bother wearing them. They also tend to be alone out in the woods, so it does make some sense that they become more primal.

The ambiguous ending fits with the fact

that there will, of course, be a third movie. I enjoyed some of the elitist vampires in the end scenes. They were appropriately haughty and self assured. I thin it will be good to see them again in the next movie.

I can recommend New Moon, and I think lovers of both monster movies and romantic films will enjoy it. Both guys and girls will likely appreciate it, and so it may be the perfect date movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 115071173630631/k2311a075/7.5.10