Golden Spoon frozen yogurt  » Food  »
Level 1 Eastwood City Walk E. Rodriguez Ave. (C-5) Bagumbayan, Libis Quezon City, Metro Manila
  • Everybody loves ice cream, and almost everybody I know loves frozen yogurt
  • Golden Spoon offers a create-your-own yogurt experience, with toppings that varies from your simple but sweet average toppings like sprinkles, M&M's, Oreos, marshmallows, and graham crackers, but what I loved about them is that they also have a wet and dry selection topping like syrup, buttered pecans, blueberries, strawberries, and really lots more
  • Not only that, but their yogurt selection was the best and most plenty I have seen so far
  • What impressed me is that even diabetics can have a whole serving because they have toppings, which was a plus, since other yogurt establishments did not have that
  • I think there are about 50 total yogurt flavors but only 12 were available at the time I was there

• by jbs

Everybody loves ice cream, and almost everybody I know loves frozen yogurt. It’s healthy, tasty, and practically affordable. I have tasted lots of yogurt and was therefore very excited to taste Golden Spoon’s frozen yogurt selection.

What caught my eye was that I was strolling around the mall one day when the brightly-lit Golden Spoon sign caught my eye. From afar, the shop had clear glass windows all around and I could see the staff waiting on customers. I quickly walked towards them and smiled as I entered, my mouth watering on the unique delights that teased me from their large clear display counter.

Golden Spoon offers a “create-your-own yogurt” experience, with toppings that varies from your simple but sweet average toppings like sprinkles, M&M’s, Oreos, marshmallows, and graham crackers, but what I loved about them is that they also have a “wet” and “dry” selection topping like syrup, buttered pecans, blueberries, strawberries, and really lots more! Not only that, but their yogurt selection was the best and most plenty I have seen so far. As if that was not enough, they had even categorized their yogurt selection from non-fat and low-fat, and had another category which offers you to choose from their Vanilla Flavors, which consisted of Double Vanilla, Old-Fashioned Vanilla, Vanilla Custard, and Vanilla Malt. For their Chocolate Flavors they had Chocolate Caramel, Chocolate Malt, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Toffee, Belgian Chocolate, and Chocolate Mocha. For Fruit Flavors they had Banana, Banana Strawberry, Boysenberry, Strawberry, Fresh Peach, Wild Berries, Lemon, Mango Tart, Raspberry, and Pomegranite Bluberry. For Coffee Flavors they had Cafe Latte, Cappuccino, Irish Cream, Kalua n’Cream, Espresso, and Classic Coffee. For Exotic and Candy Flavors they had Caramel, Cake Batter, Cookies and Cream, Pecans

and Pralines, Fudge Brownie, Island Coconut, Pistachio, Raspberry Cheesecake, Winter Mint, Butterscotch, New York Cheesecake, and Peanut Butter Cup. For their Holiday Flavors they had St. Patrick’s Mint, Rootbeer Float, Peppermint, St. Nick’s Mint, Pumpkin Pie, and Egg Nog. What impressed me is that even diabetics can have a whole serving because they have toppings, which was a plus, since other yogurt establishments did not have that.

And you thought 5 minutes was a long time to choose your yogurt. Talk about a kid in a toy store! I was absolutely dying to try their available selections for that day, I had a really hard time narrowing my selection down to even just for the flavor of the yogurt, and the wet and dry toppings were even harder. I had selected several yogurts since I was really dying to try them out and satisfy my tastebuds, so I finally narrowed it down to ordering Belgian Chocolate with M&M’s, New York Cheesecake with blueberries, and Cake batter with buttered pecans, all in the kiddie size, the mini and their smallest size of 5, which was about 4 ounces and the non-fat yogurt calories per ounce was 25, while the low-fat calories per ounce had 29, not bad if you’re only having the kiddie size, but for yogurt and toppings, you’d still add the calories up to about 300 or 400, depending on what and how many toppings you’d choose, but in my opinion at least it’s yogurt and if you’re going to eat ice cream with just about the same calories, then you should just eat yogurt.

The mini-sized yogurt was really small, in my standards. It was expensive; the mini yogurt alone costs $1.84 plus $.43 per ...

• topping, but anyway since it was my first time to eat there, I figured I’d splurge. 3 mini yogurts in my table with 3 golden spoons at each mini cup, I tasted the Cake batter with buttered pecans first, it was heaven. The buttered pecans were so rich, and the syrup was plenty, but the pecans were quite few, I would appreciate it more if there were a couple more pecans around the cake batter, which I honestly could not taste anymore because of the overpowering taste of the buttered pecans. So, downside was I couldn’t really taste the Cake batter, but all in all it was a very sweet selection, next time I’d choose another yogurt flavour to go with buttered pecans still.

Next yogurt I had was the Belgian Chocolate with M&M’s, it tasted just quite ok and did not impress me that much, I don’t know if I should have added more toppings. Anyway, the Belgian chocolate really tasted so dark, it tasted very creamy too and the M&M’s went well with the Belgian Chocolate yogurt, I’m glad I had that topping. Now I know that chocolate-chocolate based yogurt and topping go hand-in-hand. Next time I’ll just try mixing more toppings so it would taste more yummy.

The last yogurt I had was the New York Cheesecake with blueberries. If you like blueberry cheesecake then you will definitely love this! This is one of my favorites as the flavours really blend into one great taste! The New York Cheesecake yogurt does not at all taste too sour, and the berries are spread out generously, the syrup thick and rich. I loved this selection and would recommend it for people who are not fond of sweets that

much but would like some healthy dessert after a meal.

The only “qualms” I have is that first, they are expensive at such a small serving. I do compare prices, sizes, and taste and honestly I have tasted other yogurt brands and stores that offers even lower calories at a cheaper price, but with less rare toppings of course. I would like to try out more flavours next time but the most I can afford is the mini size since that is the least expensive and largest one that my wallet and stomach can afford. Second, their soft-serve yogurt should have more stocks; I was to order Chocolate Mint but they already ran out of the selection when I was ordering, so it means there are plenty of people but they should have been prepared for that. And lastly, there are lots of selections in their original menu, but it all varies from time to time; I think there are about 50 total yogurt flavors but only 12 were available at the time I was there! But I did appreciate their toppings since there were about more than 10 wet and dry toppings that other yogurt stores didn’t have in their selection, like buttered pecans, fat-free and sugar-free fudge, cappuccino pieces, Reese’s peanut butter cups, almond roca, and lots of really more unique and exotic stuff.

Every time I pass along their shop I see a line, and I know it’s perfect for people of every age since it’s never too bad to indulge in something healthy! What’s best is that it’s perfect for anyone with or without a diet! But I hope they lower down their prices even just a little bit so that more people can become regular customers, including yours truly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272071173510131/k2311a072/7.2.10