Fisher Price Bubble Mower  » Baby care  »
2.5
  • The problem is, the toy is just too one dimensional and, after a while, she got bored with it
  • Another thing I found about this mower is it can be a bit messy
  • I was also a bit disappointed with the overall durability of this mower
  • But, I definitely wouldn’t want to have to buy this product again because I do feel it was a waste of money the first time around

• by Review Vigilante

A little over a year ago, our oldest daughter started pestering us for a Fisher Price bubble mower. I’m not sure what prompted this. She either had a chance to play with one somewhere or she just wanted to be like daddy. But, that was all she could talk about.

So, as a surprise gift, we picked one up for her. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised this toy is now going unused. There were a lot of things to like about this toy when we first got it.

One, it was very easy to assemble (I hate toys that require you to have an entire wall full of tools). In fact, it took me longer to get the box open than it did to get the mower set up. I

also loved how the mower did aim for some realism to it.

Rather than having the bubbles come out of the top of the mower (like many toys like this), they come out of the side so it looks like she is mowing grass. And, my daughter did love this toy at first. She played with it for a couple hours each day for at least a week and I ended up joking with my wife and telling her it would be nice if Fisher Price could come up with one that actually mowed the grass while she was at it.

The problem is, the toy is just too one dimensional and, after a while, she got bored with it. Yes, she would occasionally still play with it. But, I don’t ...

• think she has played with enough to get our money’s worth.

And, now that she has outgrown it (it isn’t big enough to compensate for a growing child), I can only hope my youngest daughter will eventually become interested in it. Another thing I found about this mower is it can be a bit messy. I have yet to find a bottle of bubbles that doesn’t leak.

And, if you get the mower caught on a branch or stuck and have to tip it up to get it unstuck, the bubbles leak everywhere. This is especially a problem whenever we’ve brought the mower inside the house (after she was done using it). I was also a bit disappointed with the overall durability of this mower.

My daughter, despite her age, is

actually pretty gentle with her toys. You don’t see her slamming them against a wall or anything, for example. Yet, despite limited use and her not doing anything that would be considered excessive in my book, the mower is already starting to fall apart.

I had to reattach the handle twice and one of the wheels fell off of it. Fisher Price usually builds better items than this so I was a bit surprised by it. I am saving the mower for now because, as I said before, there is a chance my youngest daughter might find she is interested in playing with it.

If she doesn’t, I can just get rid of it. But, I definitely wouldn’t want to have to buy this product again because I do feel it was a waste of money the first time around.

Fisher Price Bubble Mower

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542071173381231/k2311a072/7.2.10