Coleman 12-Volt Wet/Dry Car Vac  » Cars  »
2.0
  • I think I mentioned before that we recently held a yard sale on our front lawn
  • And, I definitely don’t like the idea of draining my car battery over something as simple as cleaning the car
  • And, the crevice tool did very little to help this problem
  • Needless to say, we were very disappointed by this product when finally got a chance to use it

• by Review Vigilante

I think I mentioned before that we recently held a yard sale on our front lawn. One item I put up for sale and was anxious to get rid of (because it was taking up space) was the Coleman 12-Volt Wet/Dry Car Vac I had received as a gift a little over a year ago. I sold this product for $1 and the person who bought it thought they were getting a deal. However, I think I took advantage of them.

When we first got this product, we thought we would get a lot of use out of it. We have two kids now and they make a mess in the back seat of both of our cars. And, our regular vacuum cleaner is

a bit too bulky to be using for that job.

We thought a product that was specifically designed for cleaning a car was just what we needed. But, the Coleman vac never lived up to expectations. First, when we got this, we thought it was a vacuum that we would plug into a regular outlet (like the one by our driveway).

But, instead, it uses the car’s cigarette lighter. I don’t know about your car. But, with both of our cars, the cigarette lighter only works when we have the key in the ignition.

I’m not sure why, but I never really felt comfortable with that. And, I definitely don’t like the idea of draining my car battery over something as simple as cleaning ...

• the car. Despite the fact it is advertised for use in a car, this vacuum is not designed for use in cramped spaces (like a back seat).

The hose is way too short and doesn’t have a lot of flexibility to it so it is difficult to position it just the way you want it. And, the crevice tool did very little to help this problem. The vacuum also lacks power.

It might be able to suck up a bit of dirt here and there. But, if you try to vacuum up a Cheerio or something of that nature (and we have a few of those in our back seat), you will find it is faster just to pick it up by hand. I

didn’t even bother trying to see if this vacuum really could clean up liquid spills.

Needless to say, we were very disappointed by this product when finally got a chance to use it. We ended up trying to use it a couple different times but gave up pretty fast and it has been collecting dust in our storage shed ever since. So, when I was offered that dollar for it last weekend, I had no problem agreeing to that deal.

Whether you come across this at a store for $20 (I think that’s what it sold for brand new) or a yard sale for $1, I would recommend keeping your wallet in your pocket and saving your money because, regardless of what you pay, you will be wasting it on the Coleman 12-Volt wet/dry vac.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92071173341231/k2311a072/7.2.10