Comet Disinfectant Cleanser with Wleach  » Housewares  »
  • I like it better than bowl cleaners, because they always run down instead of sticking and attacking the dirt
  • I really haven’t noticed much scratching from this product, but it has scratched my tub slightly which is one of the draw backs
  • I also have a problem with how thick Comet can be
  • I love using it daily, and recommend it to people with stained countertops or tubs

• by adrean_j

I am really into keeping my house germ free and clean. I am always sure to take the time to clean my home daily. There are a few cleaning items that I really like better than others. One of my favorite cleaners is Comet disinfectant cleanser with bleach. I use it in both my bathroom and kitchen. This cleaner is inexpensive and strong. I couldn’t ask for anything better when I want to get tough stains out of my countertops or tub. I’ve always loved to use bleach as a disinfectant. This is a great alternative. Comet has bleach in it, but is not in liquid form. Sometimes using liquid bleach can be messy. It can splash and ruin my clothes. I’ve ruined quite a few shirts with bleach.

Comet disinfectant is great for cleaning the inside of toilets.

I could sprinkle it lightly around the inside of it. Then the comet actually sticks to it and helps remove tough stains. I like it better than bowl cleaners, because they always run down instead of sticking and attacking the dirt. Then when I run the bowl brush to clean, I don’t have to use too much elbow grease. The thick cleaner is like a scrub of it’s own. I also like to use it on my countertops that may have red or purple drink stains on it. I sprinkle a little comet on it and scrub the stain out with a wet cloth. This cleaner always stays the right consistency to scrub deeply into surfaces. I really haven’t noticed much scratching from this product, but it has scratched my tub slightly which is one of the draw backs.

• The smell can be strong at times when I am actually scrubbing. It sometimes causes me to sneeze. Comet has a distinguished odor of bleach. However, the smell doesn’t last, after a surface is fully clear of the Comet. So if you are looking for something with an overwhelming fresh scent, Comet is not for your. That is one thing that is really disappointing.

I also have a problem with how thick Comet can be. I sometimes have to wipe over surfaces about 3 to 4 times before all of the product is off. When I wash the tub, it takes a large amount of water pressure to rinse out. Comet seems to leave behind a grainy cloudy substance. I can’t use it on the floor at all, because it tends to streak up really bad when used with a mop. If

I wanted to clean the floors with my hands and knees, it would be okay, but I don‘t. This cleaner cleans well, but is very potent, and takes plenty of effort to clean off. The fact that this product is in powder form, makes it a little easier to get into the eyes. You have to be very careful not to sprinkle it where direct wind may be flowing. This product can be just like bleach as far as ruining clothes. If the powder gets on you, it’s best to dust it off, before it mixes with water. The water activates the whitening power of this product. I’ve gotten a few stains like that myself. All in all Comet disinfectant cleaner is awesome, but takes a lot of work to rinse. I love using it daily, and recommend it to people with stained countertops or tubs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532071173111231/k2311a072/7.2.10