Movie the Number 23  » Movies  »
  • I really enjoyed the plot of this film, it is suspensefull without being too scary and the ending was a real surprise
  • I do recommend this movie to others, it is one of the better horror or suspense movies I have seen in awhile

• by duckfan

The movie the number 23 is a Jim Carrey film but it is very unlike his other films. This is my favorite of his films because he actually acts in it.

Normally he over acts and gets a lot of mileage from facial expressions and acting like an idiot but in this he acts and I did not realize it until I saw this film that he can actually act.

This is a dramatic role for him and he

does a really good job.

Carrey plays a married dog catcher with an ordinary life that changes suddenly when his wife buys a book about the number 23.

He starts reading it and realizes it is the story of his life and that the number 23 is all around him.

I really enjoyed the plot of this film, it is suspensefull without being too scary and the ending was a real surprise.

The film has a good ...

• pace, each part of the story flows well, there are no dull points.

I rewatched this to see how they set it up and there are clues all along without giving the end away.

They did a good job of coming up with a maze for you to figure out and gave it an ending I did not predict but which I did find probable.

The lighting on this film was very dark, the whole thing looks like

it was shot at night, it has a dark feeling.

They did a great job of setting the mood with their lighting.

The direction was great, the acting was also great, I do not normally like Carrey but he really did a great job.

The casting was well done, he was an odd choice but he did a great job.

I do recommend this movie to others, it is one of the better horror or suspense movies I have seen in awhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112071172741131/k2311a072/7.2.10