Chapstick Moisturizer Lip Balm SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • You'll see the color of the tube is very light pink in color, so you can discern it from the other Chapstick lip balms, and when you open the tube the lip balm itself is sort of dirty-white in color, the smell actually doesn't seem too fragrant like Chapstick's Classic Cherry Lip Balm which is my favorite scent, this scent only has a very little hint of strawberry fragrance, which I think would be more appreciated if they accented the scent more since I love the smell of strawberries
  • Aside from the product being pasty on your lips, one thing I also don't recommend and use for myself in this product is that you can't wear it over lipsticks or other lip gloss

• by jbs

This particular Chapstick moisturizer lip balm is special because of it’s moisturizing effect and high spf count of 15 (others only have spf 4) it’s a skin protectant, moisturizing lip balm, and a sunscreen all at one. For only about $1.75 a tube which is 4 grams or .15 ounces, it is a very affordable price for something that serves all three for your lips and mouth.

You’ll see the color of the tube is very light pink in color, so you can discern it from the other Chapstick lip balms, and when you open the tube the lip balm itself is sort of dirty-white in color, the smell actually doesn’t seem too fragrant like Chapstick’s Classic Cherry Lip Balm which is my favorite scent, this

scent only has a very little hint of strawberry fragrance, which I think would be more appreciated if they accented the scent more since I love the smell of strawberries.

When you put it on you will feel your lips absorbing the lip balm, and it is very moist and kind of pasty too and I don’t actually like the pasty part but I reckon it’s the moisturizer working. The texture and moisture is thick and kind of dry but glossy, there’s no shine on this lip balm, it’s as if you are not wearing anything but you actually already wearing sunscreen/moisturizer. Also your lips will only get a little bit of scent though.

I have tried this on went I went to the beach and it ...

• did work as I haven’t tried any lip balm that substituted as a sunscreen as well, my lips were not feeling dry as I went up from swimming on the beach, but I did feel the need to reapply as I reckon all the sunscreen and moisturizer had already been absorbed by all that perspiration and swimming. My lips weren’t at all chapped and sunburned by all the protection and I was glad that I could protect my lips while having fun, and not only my face and body.

Aside from the product being pasty on your lips, one thing I also don’t recommend and use for myself in this product is that you can’t wear it over lipsticks or other lip gloss. For the Chapstick

Classic Cherry I can wear it over lipstick, but for this one since it really doesn’t add any color and it is sort of pasty and looks dry, I tried using it over lipstick once and it sort of rubbed my lipstick away, so this is only for direct sunscreen use.

This is a very simple and affordable product that can protect and maintain the condition and texture of your lips. At $1.75 a pop it is a good buy because Chapstick does have great products that really work. It is very handy and you can just put it in your jean pocket like I do and whenever I feel my lips need it I just whisk this up and use it. I rate this product a 9.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312071172411131/k2311a072/7.2.10