Slayer - Haunting The Chapel (Song)  » Music  »
  • The track goes on for an instrumental section for quite an extended period of time, but unfortunately this features quite a long section of guitar solos, and as you can tell if you’ve read my Slayer reviews, I’ve yet to find one which I haven’t criticized and simply hated thus far
  • The rhythm keeps an interesting and heavy sound but I would’ve preferred that this instrumental section didn’t feature so many leads as Kerry King has never seemed able to do it right

• by Grimmy101

Haunting The Chapel is the title track for an EP released by the band Slayer. The track starts off with a quick, aggressive, and dark sounding guitar riff while an extremely heavy feel is reinforced by the bass and drums of the track.

Thus far the guitar riffs each strike me as very driving so this is a nice sound thus far and I’m hoping Araya can keep the song up with the

vocals.

Araya’s vocal melody works decently with the guitar riff and his tone isn’t all that bad, it’s getting closer to the vocal tone that he’s now become associated with.

The lyrics are pretty much like typical Slayer as is the overall just very heavy and aggressive feel which the track has, this isn’t a complaint but merely an observation.

The bridge of the track enters in after around a minute and a ...

• half and this is where the tempo gets even faster and the track takes on an even more aggressive sound.

The track goes on for an instrumental section for quite an extended period of time, but unfortunately this features quite a long section of guitar solos, and as you can tell if you’ve read my Slayer reviews, I’ve yet to find one which I haven’t criticized and simply hated thus far.

The rhythm

keeps an interesting and heavy sound but I would’ve preferred that this instrumental section didn’t feature so many leads as Kerry King has never seemed able to do it right.

The song has that classic Slayer sound and if you’re typically a fan of their music, this is certainly a track to listen to but it’s not one of their songs which blow me away from the start, still just strikes me as somewhat generic thrash metal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142071172341131/k2311a072/7.2.10