The Rolling Stones - Black Limousine (Song)  » Music  »
  • The track starts off with a clear blues rhythm and right away you definitely get the sense that this will be a blues-rock song
  • The song doesn’t exactly impress me that but I will admit that I enjoy it more than average Rolling Stones and I have to admit that the flow of this song is excellent and Jagger seems to sound progressively better as the track progresses
  • Overall, Black Limousine isn’t amazing but I think it’s better than the average song, it’s well put together, and it has a nice blues-rock sound to it so I’d recommend it as something to check into

• by Grimmy101

Black Limousine is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Tattoo You. The track starts off with a clear blues rhythm and right away you definitely get the sense that this will be a blues-rock song.

I don’t mind this at all since it’s better than just hearing the traditional and generic rock and roll sound which The Stones sometimes put out.

The track

features a steady guitar rhythm but it also features leads going on simultaneously with the vocals which is nice.

The vocal melody follows the blues rhythm pretty nicely and Jagger’s lyrics focus on an relationship growing old with a somewhat aggressive delivery.

I understand that harmonica is on this track to help add to the overall blues sound of the track but I’m not a huge fan of ...

• how it goes on simultaneously with the guitar solo of the track because it’s slightly distracting from Richards’ solo which sounds to work very nicely with the song.

as the track progresses.

Richards’ leads throughout the track are also great and I’m glad he decided to utilize a lot of leads throughout this track, including even while the vocals are going.

Overall, Black Limousine isn’t amazing but I think it’s better than the average song, it’s well put together, and it has a nice blues-rock sound to it so I’d recommend it as something to check into.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142071172171031/k2311a072/7.2.10