Iron Maiden - Sun And Steel (Song)  » Music  »
  • The chorus comes in with Dickinson singing with a studio dub of his voice in harmony, it sounds pretty cheerful in my opinion, and I’m not exactly sure how well it fits with the verse of the track to be honest
  • Nevertheless, I have to praise the energy of this track and I love the galloping riffs which Maiden has on this track, along with some nice fills by McBrain and Harris is excellent as always
  • I’m still not a huge fan of the chorus of this track but I praise the energy that Maiden has on this track and would recommend it as a song to listen to

• by Grimmy101

Sun And Steel is a song by Iron Maiden which appears on their album Piece Of Mind. The track opens up with a heavy guitar rhythm accompanied by the drums as well as Harris’ galloping bass line.

The track is based on a Japanese essay and deals with the story of this samurai, I don’t know too much about it but I just know the basis of the lyrics.

Dickinson comes in with the

vocals quickly and sings in a pretty energetic fashion to match the guitar riffs of the track.

The chorus comes in with Dickinson singing with a studio dub of his voice in harmony, it sounds pretty cheerful in my opinion, and I’m not exactly sure how well it fits with the verse of the track to be honest.

Nevertheless, I have to praise the energy of this track and I love the galloping riffs ...

• which Maiden has on this track, along with some nice fills by McBrain and Harris is excellent as always.

The bridge of this song wastes absolutely no time getting into the guitar leads as a nice harmony part comes in right away which sounds great and leads nicely into the individual guitar solos of the track which are impressive as always.

Although Iron Maiden didn’t write incredibly long songs, I would say that this

track is shorter than their average track as it’s only around three and a half minutes, a lot of this is due to the bridge not being all that long and it goes back into the chorus of the track pretty quickly.

I’m still not a huge fan of the chorus of this track but I praise the energy that Maiden has on this track and would recommend it as a song to listen to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142071172091031/k2311a072/7.2.10