System Of A Down - Ego Brain (Song)  » Music  »
  • The melodic parts with that very nice acoustic guitar pattern along with Malakian and Tankian singing in an excellent harmony sounds great, but unfortunately these acoustic sections really don’t last for very long before going into these heavier sections
  • The way the song is isn’t terrible or anything, but since the acoustic parts are placed right next to the heavy sections, I can’t help but compare the two and certainly say that the acoustic parts sound better in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

Ego Brain is a song by System Of A Down which appears on their record Steal This Album. The track starts off with a very nice acoustic guitar riff by Malakian before the drums kick in along with the vocals.

Malakian and Tankian sing together on this track and to be honest, they sound very good together while singing in the melodic parts of the verse of this track, although I’m not as

big a fan of the sound on the chorus and the heavier parts of the track.

To be honest, I really don’t like the heavier sections in this song thus far much at all.

The melodic parts with that very nice acoustic guitar pattern along with Malakian and Tankian singing in an excellent harmony sounds great, but unfortunately these acoustic sections really don’t last for very long before going into these heavier sections.

...

• In my opinion, this song would’ve been a lot more interesting if System approached it with more of an acoustic and melodic approach.

The way the song is isn’t terrible or anything, but since the acoustic parts are placed right next to the heavy sections, I can’t help but compare the two and certainly say that the acoustic parts sound better in my opinion.

Nevertheless, you may like the balance of the track

but I’m not too crazy about the heavier sections, which unfortunately make up the majority of this song, so it’s just sort an average track for me.

This is a track that I haven’t heard for a very long time so it still may take some time to grow on me, but my initial impression of the song is that it could’ve been a lot better than what it actually turned out to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142071172051031/k2311a072/7.2.10