Murphy’s Oil Soap  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to go out and buy some, so I could try it for myself
  • I was extremely impressed, because it made everything look brand new
  • I like it because it not only cleans off the surface dusts, but gets deep in the wood to clean out any other dirt and germs I can see
  • This soap is very oily and shiny, so I wouldn’t recommend anyone use it on items that may streak

• by adrean_j

I had heard about Murphy oil soap for wood, but never really thought about trying it. I don’t have that many wood items in my house. I went to a friend of mine’s house and Her furniture looked really nice. I asked her about it and she told me it was the Murphy’s oil soap. I decided to go out and buy some, so I could try it for myself. I saw the Murphy’s oil soap and realized it was much different than the regular spray. It’s in a bottle and you mix it with a large bucket of water to clean your furniture. I mixed the soap got a soft cloth and started to work on the little bit of wood items that I did have. All of my items came out immaculately. They were shining and bright. I was extremely impressed, because it made everything look brand new. I like it because it not

only cleans off the surface dusts, but gets deep in the wood to clean out any other dirt and germs I can see. It also seems to replenish the wood that can often get dry.

I loved the Murphy’s oil soap so much that I decided to try something different with it. I have a ceramic tiled floor. It never seems to get that shine that I want, so I decided to do a little experimenting. I made a bucket mixture with the oil soap and mopped my floor with it. I was right about this product. It worked beautifully. My tile was shining and it was clean too. Murphy’s doesn’t disinfect, so I use bleach on my floors first, then I go over it with this soap. My husband asked me what I did to the floor, because it usually looks so dull. So it is pretty obvious that he was impressed by the soap ...

• as well.

Though this cleaner was great at making everything shine, there were a few things that I really didn’t like about it. First of all, it’s not something you want to use daily on your wood. If you use too much water by accident, it can dry up your wood items giving the opposite effect. This happened to me once. I had to go back over it with the spray cleaner. It can also give your hands a nasty greasy feeling if you get too much on your fingers. It’s kind of gross feeling. I also hated to after effect of using it on my floors. After using it on my tile, no one can walk on it with shoes. For some reason, the floor gets dirty easier. Every little piece of dirt that touches the floor gets absorbed. My tile seems to get dirty everyday anyway because I have kids. So, this doesn’t really

effect me much, but it still gets annoying. This soap is very oily and shiny, so I wouldn’t recommend anyone use it on items that may streak.

The Murphy’s oil soap has a great fresh smell. It doesn’t have a distinct citrus smell, but it does smell kind of like pine. I like it because it is subtle, and I don’t have to hurt my nose while I’m trying to clean. This cleaner has to be dealt with very carefully. I once dropped a little on my carpet and the stain refuses to come out. I’ve tried everything in even steam cleaners. So if you plan on using it, be careful not to get it on your clothes, sofas, or floors. Overall this is a great cleaner, not only for your wood. I still use it, but not on a daily basis. I recommend Murphy’s oil soap to anyone who’s house has a lot of wood furniture.

Murphy's Oil Soap

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532071171791031/k2311a072/7.2.10