Soft n Beautiful Botanicals No Lye Sensitive Scalp Relaxer
1.3
  • Before I found other ways to straighten my hair out this was the only way I did it
  • I’ve always had a problem with this and was very tired of dealing with it
  • When I opened up the actual cream I noticed it looked very thin
  • This was not usual, but I was happy about it
  • Instead, I just had to come to the conclusion that I was not going to be able to avoid that slight burning sensation and dry scalp

• by adrean_j

Relaxing my hair has been something that I do on a regular basis. At least every other month I slap one of these on my head. I’m always looking for great results but don’t always get it. Before I found other ways to straighten my hair out this was the only way I did it. My scalp is very sensitive, so I wanted to try a relaxer that wouldn’t burn or dry out my scalp. I’ve always had a problem with this and was very tired of dealing with it. I saw the Soft n Beautiful Botanicals no lye Sensitive Scalp Relaxer. I had never tried one labeled sensitive scalp, and thought that it would be a good idea with all of the issues I have.

When I got home I opened up the relaxer. When I opened up the actual cream

I noticed it looked very thin. In fact it looked much thinner than any other cream relaxer I’d tried. When I added the activator, it seemed to get even thinner. I figured this was just because of the sensitive scalp quality the relaxer had. As I started applying it, it was very slippery. It was dripping out of my fingers and falling on the floor, my shoulders, and neck. It is never good to get relaxer all over your skin. It can leave some serious damage if not removed properly. I put it in my head and it was weird. It was thin, but still covered my whole head with some left over. My hair was saturated, but it didn’t have that thick stiff feeling it should have. It was like I drenched my hair in some kind of moisturizing lotion.

I was able ...

• to keep the relaxer in for as long as needed. I could even keep it on longer because I wasn’t feeling any burning at all. This was not usual, but I was happy about it. I don’t like irritation when trying to relax my hair. I was happy at first until I sat and sat and noticed that I could still see plenty of wave and curl in my hair. I didn’t want it o have some horrible effects on my hair and washed it out. After washing, my hair was exactly the same as it was before. I’d never had a relaxer, not do any straightening at all. I was pretty upset, because I couldn’t apply another relaxer safely for another 6 weeks. I didn’t want to double up and end up burning my hair out.

This relaxer is really a waste

of time, if you actually want your hair relaxed. If you want more of a moisturizing cream on your head, then it is okay. It was very sensitive and had no negative effects on my hair. I couldn’t possibly use this product again, because it seemed kind of pointless. My sister told me she used the same relaxer, and had minimal results as well. It was easy to wash out, because of it’s thinness and posed no problems at all. If my hair actually got straight, this would have been my new favorite product. Instead, I just had to come to the conclusion that I was not going to be able to avoid that slight burning sensation and dry scalp. I’d used the brand Soft n Beautiful before, and they usually work well. So guess this one product of theirs is just a flop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312071171761031/k2311a072/7.2.10