Directv Satellite Service
  • Usually, these outages are not much of a problem because 1) they don't last long, and 2) we tend to turn off our electronics when in bad weather anyway
  • Other than that, we never really had a need to deal with customer service, except for when we (unfortunately) cancelled our service

• by RealCharacter

I had DirecTV satellite TV service until about a year ago, when I switched because Dish Network had a cheaper basic package. DirecTV’s basic package is better than Dish Network’s (more channels and better ones), but it came down to cutting our bills as much as we could, and DirecTV’s basic package was more expensive. Right now, Directv is offering an introductory rate of 29.99 per month on their smallest package (150 channels), but that rate goes up

to 58.99 after the introductory period expires in 2011. To me, the picture quality seemed better with DirecTV than with Dish Network; I guess you get what you pay for.

The thing many people worry about with satellite television is having the service go out when there is bad weather. We have a fair number of thunderstorms here (southeastern US) in the summer, and our satellite will go out for maybe a few minutes at a time when a ...

• storm first approaches, or when the weather gets really, really bad. Usually, these outages are not much of a problem because 1) they don’t last long, and 2) we tend to turn off our electronics when in bad weather anyway. Of course, living in a part of the country where it doesn’t snow much, I can’t really say how well DirecTV (or other satellite services) respond to that kind of weather.

We always paid our bill over the phone,

and we were very satisfied with the helpfulness of the representatives we spoke to. Other than that, we never really had a need to deal with customer service, except for when we (unfortunately) cancelled our service. Of course, they tried to get us to stay, but we had to choose with our wallets. Hopefully, in better economic times, we’ll be able to splurge on a pricier (and better) satellite service, and go back to DirecTV again.

Directv Satellite Service
    Miranda says :

My mother has been a long time customer of DirecTV, of course against my advice. I tell her she will appreciate the savings she will get from switching to DISH Network. I don`t really think it is fair to compare their programming as it has been said that DirecTV has lied about how many channels they really offer. Now to be fair, I have been a long time employee of DISH and I strongly believe that our service and products are the best in the industry.

Michael McDowell says :

I am long time DirecTV customer and swear by their product, especially for a fan of sports their service is unmatched by any other cable or satellite provider. I have heard folks with issues with DirecTV customer service, but have never experienced any myself. In fact, whenever I’ve had to deal with them they are quite helpful and usually end up crediting my bill or giving me some sort of free service. I’ll be a customer as long as I’m able to receive their signal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 232071171440931/k2311a072/7.2.10