Blistex Mint Medicated SPF15 Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think Blistex has a lot of products in its line of lip protectors, so I might as well try one
  • I bought the Blistex Mint Medicated Lip Balm, with SPF 15
  • It stays and I haven't had the chance to experience how it is to have burned lips because it has SPF 15
  • Having known this I will continue to use this because I love the minty taste and the SPF it has

• by dzzy21rn

I wanted to try something new, so from being a Chapstick addict I tried to switch to Blistex, just to see what the raves are all about. I think Blistex has a lot of products in its line of lip protectors, so I might as well try one.

I bought the Blistex Mint Medicated Lip Balm, with SPF 15. The website says it’s a “Lip protectant/sunscreen, Seals in moisture To soothe & prevent dry lips. Smooth easy-gliding protection Blistex Mint Lip Balm helps prevent dryness and chapping. Its easy glide formula also soothes irritated lips Dry, Chapped Lips.” Bought a small stick 0.15 OZ for about Php70 (approx $1.50) at Watson’s.

Comes in a green stick that you can twist so the product pushes out. Contains a white, opaque waxy material. Smells good, like fresh mint.

I always want a minty flavored lip balm so

that my breath smells minty too! I have not had the chance to try the non-minty regular one. This was my first purchase and I am satisfied with the product.

So tried on the lip balm; it’s very smooth,indeed it easily glides on my lips. Not to waxy or greasy, just right. Put it on right after brushing my teeth in the morning. Put it on before I put on lipstick. It makes the lipstick stay longer on my lips and does not feather or crack if I have Blistex on. Put it on before going to bed at night.

Since my room is too cold at night, I usually put it on before I go to bed to prevent my lips from chapping. When I get up though, it’s all gone. My lips had dried up. I don’t know maybe it’s the cold ...

• draft that could have dried it up? or maybe because I drink up when I wake up to go to the bathroom at night? Not sure really. Surprising though.

I used it too outdoors when biking or going to the beach. It stays and I haven’t had the chance to experience how it is to have burned lips because it has SPF 15. At least when I put this on along with my lipstick that has SPF15 too, then my lips are protected against the harsh elements of the sun or the beach waters. I have tried using petroleum jelly but it really does not match up to this. There is majorly something different with lipbalms compared to this because I feel so much better using Blistex since it’s not too greasy or oily, and I don’t feel like my lips are covered

in wax.

I would switch to Chapstick or this, because either one works anyway. But somehow I feel that the Chapstick gets used up more easily compared to this one. I don’t really like to keep on buying stuff, I mean this is something very minimal that I should be worrying about. I feel that I will be buying more of this rather than Chapstick because I think this is more value for money; it lasts a long time.

I am dependent on lip balms and if I don’t use one in one day my lips would really really chap. Having known this I will continue to use this because I love the minty taste and the SPF it has. The mint also kind of soothes my lips and after brushing my teeth, I love that I feel so much fresher after putting on this lipbalm.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312071171220931/k2311a072/7.2.10