St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub for $4 (around Php 200)
  • After toweling off, I noticed that my skin looked a little red from scrubbing
  • But I think if I wanted a more thorough scrub, I would go for Ionax Scrub
  • I would recommend this for general usage, but for a more thorough usage I would recommend IONAX

• by dzzy21rn

I bought the St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub for $4 (around Php 200). It comes in a huge tube around 6 OZ. I wanted to have a scrub for my face because I feel that sometimes my skin gets dry and flaky, and I want to have something to get rid of the dry skin that wants to come off.

This Apricot Scrub is “Oil-free,Non-irritating, dermatologist-tested, 100% natural exfoliants, 100% natural extracts,formulated without parabens and phthalates,Made without animal ingredients.Not tested on animals.”

I saw that the ingredients mainly used were apricot seeds, walnut and corn kernel meal. I liked that it was not purely chemical based and leans more to organics.

As I opened up the flip top cover, I

squeezed a pea sized amount on my palms. There were orange-ish brown ’seeds’ suspended in a thick beige cream. I did not notice any remarkable scent. I liked that it did not come with a strong scent, it feels more natural that way.

I wet my face and put some product on my facial skin. Started to scrub. It was really grainy. I liked it, it seems to be working. I added some more water and scrubbed gently, on my forehead, on the sides of my nose and on my cheeks. These are the regular places where I get rough, flaky skin.

After about 30 seconds of massaging the product on my face, I rinsed with water. I proceeded ...

• to wash with Dove facial wash to completely clean my face. I feel that there is something the lingers after I rinsed off the scrub. Like moisturizers or something. But I did not want any residue on my skin so I added Dove to my regimen.

After toweling off, I noticed that my skin looked a little red from scrubbing. However, my skin felt really soft, and the dry areas are now smooth. They did not seem moisturized, but the dry flakes are all gone. I then proceeded to put on moisturizer to keep my skin moist and smooth.

I think this product works great. But I think if I wanted a more thorough scrub, I would go for

Ionax Scrub. However, this already does the job. I use this in the shower too for my body skin. I liked that it’s easily spreadable and easy to rinse off. This makes my dry heels smooth, since it scrubs off the dry skin on my feet.

For something that can be used only 2-3x a week, I think this product is a good buy. This is value for money and does a great job. After a couple of days I feel my skin getting dry and flaky again, and I just use the Apricot Scrub again to scrub off the dry skin.

I would recommend this for general usage, but for a more thorough usage I would recommend IONAX.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312071171200931/k2311a072/7.2.10