Smith’s Rosebud Salve  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love the smell a lot because it has a hint of rose that isn’t overpowering and seems very sophisticated and elegant
  • Rosebud Salve comes in two other scents, Strawberry and Peppermint, which I like too (Peppermint, by the way, has plumping effects)

• by Sonushka F

I purchased Rosebud Salve from Sephora because I urgently needed lip balm and I didn’t have any. My lips are generally very sensitive, especially when the climate is cold and dry, and they can hurt a lot.

I was attracted by the vintage design and packaging of the tin jar, as this means to me quality and legitimacy.

I love the smell a lot because it has

a hint of rose that isn’t overpowering and seems very sophisticated and elegant.

Also, you are not attacked by middle notes of chemical agents, since Rosebud Salve’s classic blend of cottonseed and essential oils is very natural.

The formula, patented in 1908, remained the same for over a century, thus giving Rosebud Salve its great quality.

As for the color, it can leave a faint hint on lips, but instantly adds as much shine and dimension as the leading plumping lip gloss.

However, Rosebud Salve instantly relieved my dry lips and kept them hydrated.

Then after a continuous application at least every two hours ever since, my lips became much less irritated and were efficiently protected against extreme climates, temperature changes, and dry weather.

My best surprise was yet to discover that Rosebud Salve ...

• Smith's Rosebud Salve
      wasn’t exclusively destined to be used on the lips: I use it to soften my cuticles as a part of my nail routine, and even on my face: since I frequently have dry patches that become even messier under make-up, I smooth a very little amount of Rosebud Salve upon those problematic areas to calm the irritated skin and make foundation or concealer glide on smoother.

I

am very satisfied with my Rosebud Salve.

The price, 6 $ at Sephora, is excellent compared to the quality and multiple uses I can make of this product.

Besides, the formula is very concentrated, thus allowing many, many uses.

Rosebud Salve comes in two other scents, Strawberry and Peppermint, which I like too (Peppermint, by the way, has plumping effects).

But my favorite remains the classical, rose-scented formula.

Smith's Rosebud Salve

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312071171100931/k2311a072/7.2.10