Panasonic Plus Style Vegerator Refrigerator  » Housewares  »
  • I was impressed with it and I am considering buying this particular model for the following reasons
  • I think this was the reason for the reduction of their bill
  • After our experience with Ondoy, I have now an unhealthy obsession with cleanliness

• by LaPinay

Our five-year old refrigerator went under flood water during typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana. An electrician cleaned it and fixed it in running condition. But after a few months, it began to emit sounds, almost as if it was moaning. I have no choice but to replace it. I took shelter in a relative’s house while our house was extensively renovated and they just bought the Panasonic Plus Style Vegerator. I was impressed with it and I am considering buying this particular model for the following reasons:

It can save electricity by as much as 40%. My cousin, who is in charge of paying the electric bill, swears that since they bought the refrigerator,

the bill has gone down by as much as 20%. I am not sure if this was because it was new, but at the time that we talked, there were rounds of increases in electric bill because of El Nino. They were the only one I knew whose bill went down instead of up. This is a big come-on to me since in my household, we allot a little over 25% of our budget to power. It has this new inverter technology which monitors the changes in temperature and compensates for it. I think this was the reason for the reduction of their bill. I hope this will happen to ...

• us too.

There is a place for everything that we need and layout is well-planned. The vegetable case is at waist-height unlike our old refrigerators where they put it in the lowest part of the refrigerator. We like to incorporate a lot of vegetables in our food and so we stock a lot of them in the refrigerator, at least a week’s worth of it. It’s backbreaking to store and retrieve them. But with this Vegerator, it is easy to pick them up. I am not sure about their VitaminSafe lighting system which supposedly increased vitamin content as I am unable to measure such things.

The bottom drawer is now the

freezer with chiller. This makes more sense to me sense sometimes, the freezer can be too high for some people. Placing it at the bottom makes it easier to retrieve food stored there especially for our vertically-challenged househelpers. I have seen them several times wrestle with our refrigerator and I am sure they would be grateful for this freezer drawer.

It has Ag Clean. After our experience with Ondoy, I have now an unhealthy obsession with cleanliness. When choosing appliances, I always opt for those with extras that will at least make me feel clean. The Ag Clean feature supposedly eliminates 99% of bacteria, mold and odor. This is just perfect for me.

Maya says :

How has your experience with the Panasonic inverter ref been so far? Am deciding on buying one and am curious how performance is vs. features.

itsmemadie01 says :

We have this refrigerator at my parents house and Panasonic Inverter ref and it will really slash a chunk off your electric bill, works like an ordinary ref and a little expensive but you can see that it’s well built and not from cheap brittle plastics. The compartments are arranged in a way that it maximizes the space, making storage more efficient.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532071170900831/k2311a072/7.2.10