Blackberry Storm  » Phones  »
  • The blackberry Storm's internet is accessible and I highly recommend everyone get a data plan when buying this phone
  • That is why I suggest gamers and everyday users stay away from this phone

• by ireview2live

I have seen a lot of cellular phone over my working career from the Nokia’s to the new HTC phones. Thankfully I am very pleased with the Blackberry Storm. Not only is it the blackberry with the biggest screen, it also features the world’s first and possibly only clickable touch screen. This provides for much more precision when writing e-mails or notes and also gives a sense of depth in the device. It is very satisfying, easy but also pretty handy. It helps also with navigation and there is no longer a need to worry about clicking somewhere else to on a wrong command since everything is activated by a push rather than a touch.

The phone is also chalk-full of new

features, such as accelerometers which allows me to turn the phone sideways when I need a larger keyboard since I have chubby fingers. When I am typing on landscape, I remember on my iPhone I used to make many errors since I accidentally used to touch the wrong letter which would be a bother and once I actually sent an incomplete e-mail because the touch screen is so sensitive. With this phone the pushing features cuts down on errors and provides for more accuracy when typing.

The 3.5″ screen is great for internet browsing. I spent countless hours just reading e-mails, manga, reading news on CNN while sitting in front of my desktop at home. The blackberry Storm’s internet is accessible ...

• and I highly recommend everyone get a data plan when buying this phone. What is a huge bummer with this phone, and separates this phone from the iPhone or other Wi-Fi enabled phones is (you guessed it), this phone lacks Wi-Fi. You are going to have to get a Data Plan, preferably a 3G one and not Edge to surf the internet.

The phone offers many features, such as music playback, movie playback, the games are good but do not buy this phone if you are a game-freak. I had to get it because of its e-mailing and the internet browsing features, but when I have to play games this phone is not cut out for it. This is the

only place I have seen where the pushing factor can actually be a bother rather than a helper.

I plan to keep using this phone, as I have for the last 9 months. It seldom drops calls, provides a new and intuitive interface and brings a plethora of features that keep me coming back to this phone. The only flaw is that it lacks Wi-Fi connectivity and gaming is not this phone’s forte. That is why I suggest gamers and everyday users stay away from this phone. It is for businesspeople and travelers alike, who can truly appreciate this phone. Nevertheless, do go out and try out the phone as it is a formidable piece of engineering to say the least.

Blackberry Storm

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371071170060431/k2311a071/7.1.10