Megadeth - Use The Man (Song)  » Music  »
  • The song deals with the story of a man who had plans for the future in his life but never managed to see those come to fruition due to an addiction problem he had leading to his death so as you can imagine the lyrical theme of the track is quite somber
  • The song gradually builds up with a heavier feel but the tempo still stays around the tempo of the intro which I think works pretty well
  • I suppose you could say that this track is somewhat of a power ballad, although I don’t think I’d consider it this to any major extent
  • In my opinion Mustaine sounds pretty good throughout the track and I personally like his performance throughout the song, particularly in the chorus of the song
  • Overall I think that Use The Man is a solid song and I like the final sound which Megadeth achieves on the track, certainly worth a listen

• by Grimmy101

Use The Man is a song by Megadeth which appears on their record Cryptic Writings. The song opens up with Mustaine singing right away along with an acoustic guitar strumming some chords as the lead guitar comes in and out throughout the intro along with the drum beat and the bass as well.

so as you can imagine the lyrical theme of the track is quite somber.

The song gradually builds up with a heavier feel but the tempo still stays around the tempo of the intro which I think works pretty well.

I suppose you could say that this track is somewhat of a power ballad, although I don’t think I’d consider it this to any major extent.

In my opinion Mustaine sounds pretty good throughout the track and I personally like his performance throughout the song, particularly in the chorus of the ...

• song.

Sometimes studio dubs don’t work extremely well but Mustaine does utilize them on this track and they do seem to work to Megadeth’s advantage as the band gets a nice sound from the multiple vocal tracks during the chorus which gives a nice sense.

At around three minutes the song does pick up its tempo for the lead guitar to come in with a solo backed by a fast and heavy rhythm by Mustaine.

I like how the track picks up in tempo but I would’ve liked to have heard

a more gradual build-up here, just a small complaint though.

The tempo stays the same for the rest of the track and the song finishes up with some excellent guitar riffs along with the chorus but sung by Mustaine with a new energy thanks to the faster tempo.

Overall I think that Use The Man is a solid song and I like the final sound which Megadeth achieves on the track, certainly worth a listen.

The song isn’t the thrash metal that Megadeth once was but it’s a well written and solid track nonetheless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141071169960331/k2311a071/7.1.10