DDO MMORPG
  • In my opinion, the quests are the more developed ones I have seen in any MMORPG
  • Questing with my friends was probably the thing I enjoyed the most in this game
  • This game is great with some flaws, but I really recommend it to anyone that might be interested

• by Acebulf

When I first heard about Dungeons and Dragons Online (commonly abbreviated as DDO) I was interested in the character development system, which is unlike any other MMORPG. Having played the board game when I was younger, I knew this game was going to be different. And when I heard it was FREE, I immediately downloaded the file and launched myself on an epic adventure.

The game was easy to set up, it does it automatically once you register an account and download the game. Creating a character is

easy, even for those that don’t know what they’re doing. You are walked through the process of creating your character. If you already have D&D knowledge, you might prefer to customize your character. This is also an option.

Picking up playing is easy, even for those that never played MMORPGs or D&D before. You are walked through the whole process by a tutorial which includes you getting and equipping a weapon, and also your first quest.

Once you finish the tutorials, you can do the quests you want,

• when you want, and spend as much time as you want on it. In my opinion, the quests are the more developed ones I have seen in any MMORPG. However, I feel there isn’t a lot of quests that are available on the Free 2 Play system. Once you run out of quests, you have to purchase more at the DDO store, or use turbine points that you collect with Favor. This is the only bad point this game has, but I still play it, and am
        actually considering buying more quests, which for me is unlike anything I’ve done before.

Questing with my friends was probably the thing I enjoyed the most in this game. You can do most missions with a party of 6. The individual skills of each individual comes into play and teamwork is the key to surviving the dungeons of Stormreach.

This game is great with some flaws, but I really recommend it to anyone that might be interested. Just try it out, it’s free. What do you have to lose?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281071169450331/k2311a071/7.1.10