Herbal Essences Hydralicious Self-Targeting Shampoo  » Health  »
  • I also noticed it was easier to comb while wet and seemed to require less styling product overall
  • It is a unique and interesting product, a great value at 10.1 ounces, and is available at most drugstores and mass retail chains

• by Jude244

I ran out of my favorite shampoo the other day and thought I’d take advantage of a sale at Walgreens to give a new product a try. After years of using salon brand shampoos and conditioners, I have come to the conclusion that I‘d rather splurge for deep conditioners and treatments rather than their pricier shampoos.

Perhaps years ago many of the drug store shampoos were inferior to salon lines, but now many companies have stepped up, and mass chain products are getting better and better to keep up in the competitive marketplace.

Take, for example, my latest find Herbal Essences Hydralicious Self-Targeting shampoo. This delectable raspberry scented shampoo promises to bring balance from root to tip by hydrating and smoothing the hair shaft with an assortment of

fruit extracts, and a whipped aloe infusion.

I must admit the delicate pink and raspberry swirled bottle grabbed my attention, the red vanilla whipped conditioning system piqued my interest, and the yummy smell catapulted the bottle from the aisle to my shopping cart. Truly a slam-dunk for Procter & Gamble, I would imagine this product would appeal to a variety of people.

One use of this item and I was hooked! Besides the smell that I hoped would linger, when you dispense the shampoo you hold this unique hot pink swirled product in your hands. There is something about its consistency that is markedly different from most other shampoos; it doesn’t immediately dissolve into bubbles on contact with water.

Instead, if you try some in your ...

• palm first, you see that it is somewhat thicker, and denser, and actually stays put longer through rinsing and leaves a faint conditioner behind. It actually reminds me of a TIGI Bed Head Product costing a least triple of the Herbal Essence price and without the pretty raspberry scent.

As for the balancing from root-to-tip, I can say that my frizz prone hair did settle down considerably in the 93+ degree weather we have been experiencing. I also noticed it was easier to comb while wet and seemed to require less styling product overall. Unlike some other shampoos that I have tried recently, this product left it in better condition after rinsing even without a follow up conditioner.

I have to say that this hydralicious shampoo has not

only proven to be a great shampoo but also excels in price and convenience. I don’t have to tell you how much easier it is to run into a Walgreens or CVS and spend less than 5.00 USD, than to travel to my salon where I will have several products suggested to me and easily spend 20.00 on just one item alone.

If you are ready to try a new product, I really think you should give the Herbal Essences Hydralicious self-targeting shampoo a try. It is a unique and interesting product, a great value at 10.1 ounces, and is available at most drugstores and mass retail chains. If you are unable to find it locally, you can also order it as a 6 pack on Amazon for only 14.95 USD.

Herbal Essences Hydralicious Self-Targeting Shampoo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430061169131030/k2311a0630/6.30.10