Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder  » Health  »
  • It was, in fact, the best protein shake I had tried to date
  • On Wednesday, I decided to take a glass of Vanilla Silk, a scoop of the protein powder, a handful of mixed berries, and add them to blender which contained a 20 calorie sugar-free mixed berry Creamsicle (stick removed)
  • I think if you have been hesitant to try protein powders or have been disappointed in the past, you should really try the Body Fortress brand

• by Jude244

Years ago when I had my first taste of a protein shake, I seriously wondered what all the fuss was about. I mean health and nutrition properties aside; my shake had all the charm of a lumpy glass of water.

Somehow despite robust shaking, there were always pockets of clumped powder that failed to dissolve, and don’t even get me started on futility of preparing it with a blender and ice. No, then the powder would collect on the ice, and I would be left with a giant lone cube that would splash water every time I tilted the glass to drink.

As you can imagine, I swore off protein shakes for a while. At the time I figured I wasn’t missing much since the taste was lacking and the consistency was a joke. I pretty much also assumed that shakes wouldn’t change much over the years and that only die hard gym people could learn to love or lump them down.

That was until I was over at

a friend’s house recently and they offered to make me a post workout shake. Now, in my mind I thought, oh great how am I going to (A) politely decline, (B) pour it into a nearby plant, or (C) manage to feign enjoyment? Before I had a moment to decide, I heard my mouth on autopilot saying “yes”.

So here’s the deal, this shake wasn’t terrible, chalky, clumpy, or waiting to strike with an unsinkable ice cube. It was, in fact, the best protein shake I had tried to date. Relieved not to have pass it to the dog under the table, or “feed” the plants on her back patio, I was amazed to actually enjoy a frosty Cookies N Crème flavored Super Advanced Whey Protein shake.

Apparently, my friend, no stranger to protein shakes, has spent a number of years trying out various brands and flavors until she came upon the tasty Body Fortress brand at her local Wal-Mart’s. Needless to say it was worth a trip to pick ...

• up a 2 pound container of my own, and I loved being able to get it at a supermarket rather than an inconvenient and pricier vitamin store.

In addition to being tasty, the Cookies N Crème whey protein powder provides 26 grams of protein per scoop, plus calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and potassium. At only 140 calories per scoop it can be prepared with water or skim milk for dieters or made for mass gaining by adding higher calorie ingredients such as fruit juices or peanut butter.

Since purchasing my container I have perfected a variety of awesome shakes and smoothies and am amazed at how well this flavor and product combines with the other items. Actually with a little experimentation, I was able to come up with a number of shakes using this one product as the base.

On Monday, for example, I mixed a scoop of the Super Advanced whey powder with a glass of Chocolate Silk, and a handful of frozen mixed berries, for the

ultimate chocolate covered strawberry shake. For Tuesday, I added a scoop of the powder to a glass of Almond Breeze, and a couple of tablespoons of Frozen Orange Juice concentrate for an Orange Julius like drink. On Wednesday, I decided to take a glass of Vanilla Silk, a scoop of the protein powder, a handful of mixed berries, and add them to blender which contained a 20 calorie sugar-free mixed berry Creamsicle (stick removed). They all turned out great!

I think if you have been hesitant to try protein powders or have been disappointed in the past, you should really try the Body Fortress brand. With a little practice of your own, you could be mixing up gourmet health shakes in no time!

If you’d like to try the Body Fortress Super Advanced Protein Powder, it is available in a variety of flavors such as Strawberry, Cookies N Crème, and Vanilla. I purchased mine at Wal-Mart’s for less than 18.00 dollars, or it can be ordered online at Amazon for 18.99 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430061169041030/k2311a0630/6.30.10