Nubar Nail Lacquer in Lemon Sorbet  » Cosmetics  »
  • My next Nubar experience is this Lemon Sorbet shade taken from their pastel collection
  • For nail art buffs, I think most would find pastel shades to be off-putting because of their bad coverage, either too subtle a color, thin, or very thick and streaky
  • It would be easy to find a dead ringer of this nail polish because I know a lot of brands like China Glaze and Opi have come up with a similar shade
  • Despite the chipping, I thought the polishes on my nails retained a sort of ceramic sheen in them, very glossy
  • If you’re looking for a well setting pastel polish, then I recommend you check this out

• by jhunie

I remember how I was won over by Nubar’s glitzy sparkles collection. I’m not really feeling for garish sparkles at the moment so I went for a pastel shade the second time around. My next Nubar experience is this Lemon Sorbet shade taken from their pastel collection. What enticed me to buy such a buttery yellow pastel was a runway look referenced after browsing the retrospective rag and bone collection a few seasons ago in style.com. The models sported this crayola-like pastel yellow in their nails which really zing out from the photo, even though, it was a chalky pastel. I cared less to satisfy my craving until I saw an

identical color. For nail art buffs, I think most would find pastel shades to be off-putting because of their bad coverage, either too subtle a color, thin, or very thick and streaky. This kind of pastel however, is quite the exception.

It would be easy to find a dead ringer of this nail polish because I know a lot of brands like China Glaze and Opi have come up with a similar shade. Its defining quality lies on its smooth application. Lemon Sorbet has plenty of white undertones in it which is the reason for its pastel hue instead of a mediterranean coral yellow. It’s easy on the eyes and eye-catching-ly fresh to paint on the nails. Other yellow pastels take a beating on the finish whose color seems to change once topped with glosser - it fares horribly natural and I recall my mom banning me from wearing yellow polishes because the tint, she says, gives my nails a dead discolored look. This one however, stays true regardless how many layers of fortifying top coats I brush over it.

The color may be blinding under direct lighting but it differs from fluoro shades. It lacks the vivid saturation even if I go for 3 coats of this lacquer. But I’m already happy with 2 coats, I can achieve full opacity plus doing minimal layers also ...

• Nubar Nail Lacquer in Lemon Sorbet
      eschews the possibility of streaking. I was relieved that the application didn’t feel so tedious, almost exclaiming how fabulously easy it was and what a milestone in my experience of painting pastel polishes – I used to give up doing it, good thing I was the winner – and not the other way around. The lacquer’s yellow tint was discernible at the first coat, so I only had to add another coat to finish the color. It has the same glossy finish that’s remarkable about Nubar polishes, but I was glad it seemed fairly less difficult to apply compared to the brand’s shimmery lacquers.

I’m also interested in purchasing the other pastel shades especially

the pink-tones. It didn’t last more than a week. Despite the chipping, I thought the polishes on my nails retained a sort of ceramic sheen in them, very glossy. It’s well pigmented and doesn’t have a chalky, powdery texture. But I thought the color itself resembled a piece of yellow blackboard-variety chalk - that yellow coating wrapped on it. I will absolutely buy it again, rather the other pastel shades because of the tongue-in-cheek application. I think it costs 7 dollars. If you’re looking for a well setting pastel polish, then I recommend you check this out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130061168951030/k2311a0630/6.30.10