The Rolling Stones - The Worst (Song)
2.0
  • This song failed to grab me at all so it just sort of passed by without anything interesting taking place throughout the track and it’s really an average track at absolute best, I’d say it’s below average to be perfectly honest
  • In my opinion, The Worst is a track to be giving your attention to as I just don’t think it’s worth very much time

• by Grimmy101

The Worst is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Voodoo Lounge. The track opens up with an acoustic guitar part before the vocals come in.

To be honest, the vocals don’t sound like Jagger at all and I’m actually not convinced that this is actually him singing, the tone of these vocals don’t sound like Jagger at all to me.

A few more instruments join in during the first chorus of this track which makes the instrumentation have a fuller sound and slightly adds a somewhat light country tone and influence on the song, although to no major extent I suppose.

To be honest, this track honestly doesn’t strike me as being The Rolling Stones at all.

Generally I associate The Rolling Stones with either ...

• a very traditional and generic sounding rock song, which is sometimes enjoyable and sometimes not, or I associate them with the voice of Mick Jagger which has a very characteristic sound to it.

I looked up information on this album and it didn’t say anything about a vocalist change on this track but I don’t believe that it’s actually Jagger as the tone just has

no character at all.

This song failed to grab me at all so it just sort of passed by without anything interesting taking place throughout the track and it’s really an average track at absolute best, I’d say it’s below average to be perfectly honest.

In my opinion, The Worst is a track to be giving your attention to as I just don’t think it’s worth very much time.

John says :

Terrible Review… You obviously don`t know a thing about music. and Keith does the singing..

michael says :

I dont agree with him saying that its others singing, i do agress on the point that this is not a very good song, rolling stones have very high standards ad this song just did meet ny expectations of them

mcguard says :

I am not the biggest fan of Rolling Stones, but I think that the choice of the song to review is not very indicative for the band. I think that Voodoo Lounge is not a very strong album, and this song is far from beings its highlight. And Keith is not a good singer. He has a deep voice, but his melody delivery is quite poor. So, I agree with the author totally, this song is not strong. The strongest tracks on that album, the most memorable ones are Love is Strong (a real rocker, together with I Go Wild and Sparks Will Fly) and Blinded by Rainbows (a great tear-jerking ballad), I literally cried when I heard the phrases in that song about a child whose father was killed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1430061168821030/k2311a0630/6.30.10