Megadeth - Victory (Song)  » Music  »
  • I believe I’ve listened to a few bands who have done a track like this and I suppose I think it’s sort of a creative idea
  • Nevertheless, if the lyrics somehow fit together and it’s done right, then it can actually be a very cool concept in my opinion
  • I like Mustaine’s vocal melody on the track but I’m not exactly sure how well the lyrics do indeed work together, the lyrics flow but I don’t think that they actually make sense as I can’t understand what Mustaine is really trying to be singing about here, so this kind of makes the concept of referencing his past songs sort of forced which isn’t a good thing

• by Grimmy101

Victory is a song by Megadeth which is the closing track of their album Youthanasia. The track starts off with Mustaine singing in an incredibly angry mood along with a bass line and a heavy guitar rhythm which comes in and out of the song.

If you’re familiar with Meagdeth’s music then you should recognize many of the lyrics of the track because basically Mustaine is just making references to previous Megadeth songs which is apparent once you read the lyrics to the track.

I believe I’ve listened to a few bands who have done a track like this and

I suppose I think it’s sort of a creative idea.

The thing about this is that it makes me feel like the band is about to retire for some reason, which wasn’t the case with Megadeth, because they’re looking over their entire career and singing about it.

Nevertheless, if the lyrics somehow fit together and it’s done right, then it can actually be a very cool concept in my opinion.

I like Mustaine’s vocal melody on the track but I’m not exactly sure how well the lyrics do indeed work together, the lyrics flow but I don’t think that they ...

• actually make sense as I can’t understand what Mustaine is really trying to be singing about here, so this kind of makes the concept of referencing his past songs sort of forced which isn’t a good thing.

The guitar riffs on this track aren’t bad, they aren’t what they once were, but at the same time they weren’t just terrible riffs either.

The bridge of the song slows down and goes for a more melodic sounding with a lead that sounds incredibly familiar to me, from a band other than Megadeth, but I can’t remember who I think I’ve heard

it from, probably Iron Maiden.

The song then goes into a guitar solo before wrapping up with another vocal section.

To be honest, I guess I could go either way with this track.

I’d say that the song is above average and I like Mustaine’s concept of referencing all of these past songs, as it’s a unique idea, but I’m not exactly sure how well it fits to be honest.

Also, the music isn’t anything spectacular so this can’t save the track, I suppose the song is worth a listening but it isn’t one of those songs which I really enjoy right away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1430061168791030/k2311a0630/6.30.10