California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash  » Baby care  »
1.0
  • Then I remembered that we had just run out of my toddler’s shampoo, so I decided to get some
  • The new brand of baby shampoo truly disappointed me
  • Also, the scent of this shampoo is definitely not for kids

• by dimples15

Recently, I went to the grocery shop to do some shopping. Then I remembered that we had just run out of my toddler’s shampoo, so I decided to get some. Alas, the shop had run out of stock of my favorite brand of baby shampoo, so I had to buy an alternative. Needless to say, after using the brand for at least two times, I went out and tried my luck at another store to buy my old brand. The

new brand of baby shampoo truly disappointed me.

My 3-year-old kid’s hair is very thick but fluffy. I keep it healthy by cleaning it thoroughly and making sure that there are no shampoo residues, because shampoo residues cause dandruff. So I did the same with this shampoo—I rinsed my kid’s hair thoroughly after washing, but the next day, I saw white flakes on my kid’s head as I was combing his hair. My kid also kept scratching his head the whole day.

Also, the scent of this shampoo is definitely not for kids. My favorite brand of baby shampoo has a mild powdery scent that always smells fresh even though my son played the whole day and sweated a lot. The smell of this shampoo is too strong, and gets even stronger with perspiration. It’s like an adult’s shampoo, but even worse-smelling.

After two times of using the shampoo, my son’s hair had lots of tangles and felt rough whenever I would comb it.

• California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash
      This is especially hard to manage since his hair is very thick. Unlike before when his hair would easily succumb to the comb, after using the shampoo, it was really hard to comb his hair. With our favorite baby shampoo, you could run your fingers through his hair very easily and there was hardly a need to comb it because the hair was so soft that it fell into place with just a few strokes. With this shampoo, I felt
      like I was combing my own hair on a very bad hair day, because of the tangles.

After just using it for two times, I immediately disposed of the shampoo as it was doing nothing for my son’s hair but damage. Do not compromise quality with the price, I’ve learned the hard way. This may be inexpensive but the damage it did to my son’s hair was bad. It causes dandruff, the scent is not child-friendly, and it makes the hair look and feel rough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5430061168500930/k2311a0630/6.30.10