Slayer - Disintegration/Free Money (Song)  » Music  »
2.0
  • Free Money is basically the exact same thing except for a lyrical change unfortunately
  • If Slayer’s going to be playing this mindlessly fast music I’d much rather hear them playing their own music than attempting to cover a punk band for some obscure reason, I just don’t think Slayer mixed their own style of thrash metal with this punk genre all that well as the band comes off as just noise in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

Disintegration/Free Money is a song by Slayer which appears on their record Undisputed Attitude. Like the rest of this record, this song is a cover of a punk band known as Verbal Abuse.

To be fair, I didn’t really like this record very much and didn’t think Slayer did a great job at covering punk bands, but we’ll see how this goes.

The song opens with some

guitar feedback before Araya comes in screaming a vocal line which gives way to the guitars and bass joining in.

I’m not familiar with the original band of this song so I don’t know how the original sounds but I’ll say that I don’t really like Slayer’s tone on the track.

The guitar riffs are just mindlessly fast, I’m sure much faster than the original, and Araya ...

• is just sort of aimlessly screaming.

Free Money is basically the exact same thing except for a lyrical change unfortunately.

that well as the band comes off as just noise in my opinion.

Even if you like the sound, the track really just goes around in circles and doesn’t have anything impressive about it, although songwriting is different with punk than metal so this isn’t a criticism of the original band, it’s more of a criticism of Slayer for picking to cover a bunch of songs like this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1430061168060830/k2311a0630/6.30.10