The Rolling Stones - Grown Up Wrong (Song)
2.5
  • The song moves at a slow pace, and although the rhythm is pretty hard not to follow, the track just sort of moves along in this boring manner in my opinion
  • The track isn’t terrible but it just strikes me as an average song which doesn’t demonstrate anything all that special about The Rolling Stones and just doesn’t have anything all that unique about it in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

Grown Up Wrong is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their record The Rolling Stones No. 2.

The track opens up with a lightly distorted guitar riff along with the drums joining in which gives the song sort of a blues-like rhythm although to no major extent.

The vocals come in with a heavy reverb effect on them which sounds okay but not

that great.

The guitar rhythm continues on in a simple manner, the tone that Richards has on his guitar reminds me of For You Blue by The Beatles on Let It Be to be honest.

The song moves at a slow pace, and although the rhythm is pretty hard not to follow, the track just sort of moves along in this boring manner in my opinion.

...

• I can say that I like the rhythm of the song but I’m not a huge fan of Jagger’s vocal performance on the track and the song is really just sort of boring without any true substance in it.

You only get a few sections of vocals, which basically repeat themselves, a guitar solo which sounds afraid to really lead the track, and then a harmonica

part towards the end of the song.

The track isn’t terrible but it just strikes me as an average song which doesn’t demonstrate anything all that special about The Rolling Stones and just doesn’t have anything all that unique about it in my opinion.

If you don’t mind a very simple track with a decent rhythm then this song may be worth listening to, but otherwise it’s nothing that great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1430061168050830/k2311a0630/6.30.10