iHome 2 Go IHM3B Portable Speaker
  • I bought the iHOME2GO IHM3B portable speaker for about $20
  • I think this has lasted me approximately 12 hours of continuous play

• by dzzy21rn

This is the cutest portable iPod speaker I own. Small, handy, black triangle-shaped speaker. I bought the iHOME2GO IHM3B portable speaker for about $20. I liked the fact that it can just fit in my purse! It’s black, small, compact, lightweight and very portable.

This comes in a cute black carrying case to protect it.It has a retractable dock, solely for docking the iPod and it does not charge. I own an iPod classic 80GB and my husband has an iPod Touch 3rd Gen. We can connect using the audio port in the speaker by hooking up a headphone cable.

It only has 2

ports and it is conveniently located at the back part of the speaker. One is the Audio port and the other one is the power port. There is a cover that you can just simply slide up and down to reveal the ports. The front part has a retractable dock for the iPod. No charging here. At the very top of the triangle-shaped speaker is the SRS Surround TruBass switch that you can turn on or off.

All controls for the iPod are controlled on the iPod itself; there are no LED displays, volume controls or anything else. This speaker has a provision for an AC ...

• adapter, but it has to be purchased separately. Currently I am using 4 AA batteries.

The sound quality is well.. acceptable. Not too loud (considering the size, well it’s okay actually). The TruBass Technology? Well it’s terrible. It has a hissing noise as well. Nothing too special as this is a very small speaker compared to the other docks that I have. This is good if you want to take it with you at the beach or in the bathroom (for those quick baths and showers!) because it is very portable. However battery life is not great. I think this has lasted me approximately 12

hours of continuous play. Well for 4 AA batteries I mean what can you expect? But it does the job okay. If you want to put it in a more permanent place like maybe your home office or study room you can get an AC adapter to connect it to an outlet. I did not like that the AC adapter needs to be purchased separately.

I only bought this because it is too cute and portable to resist. The sound is okay, but if you need a louder speaker, this is something you cannot count on. But for high portability and convenience, this will do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630061167870830/k2311a0630/6.30.10