World of Warcraft
  • It didn't take long for me to be impressed
  • Aside from being a great overall gaming experience, I have found World of Warcraft to be a very social oriented game
  • This can be a turn-off for some, but I found it didn't really diminish the enjoyment of the game
  • Overall, World of Warcraft is a great PC game, and I have really enjoyed the time spent playing it

• by Plato

World of Warcraft completely redefines the genre of MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) and with good reason. This game has millions of players and more are joining every day, and it is easy to see why. When I first purchased World of Warcraft, I was very anxious to see what the hype was about.

I have played all of the original PC games so I was very interested to see how Blizzard had recreated the game for a new genre. It didn’t take long for me to be impressed.

The thing that is most surprising about this game is that there is ALWAYS something to do. No matter if I was getting on for just 20 minutes or 3 hours, I was constantly occupied.

In World of Warcraft, players make their own unique characters of different races and can pursue different types of warcraft from spells to bows to swords. Activities include: questing to level up, running dungeons for new weapons and armor, leveling professions, and much more.

Aside from being a great overall gaming experience, I have ...

• found World of Warcraft to be a very “social” oriented game. While playing, I have met many people from all around the world and have developed in-game friendships.

This is furthered by the fact that you can join “guilds” in which members spend time questing together. All in all, World of Warcraft is the complete gaming package for MMORPG fans, or for people looking for a good time.

World of Warcraft does have a few drawbacks however. First, this game can be extremely addictive and effect everyday lifestyle.

This can be easily fixed though by setting up a play time schedule before the player becomes too involved in the game. An easy way to do this is through the “parental controls” setting on World of Warcraft’s website.

Second, World of Warcraft has a 15 dollar a month standard subscription fee. This can be a turn-off for some, but I found it didn’t really diminish the enjoyment of the game.

Overall, World of Warcraft is a great PC game, and I have really enjoyed the time spent playing it.

World of Warcraft

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2830061167720830/k2311a0630/6.30.10