Clorox Disinfecting Wipes  » Housewares  »
  • On the less than positive side, I learned a lesson in education from a 6 year old friend of my children's when their buddy once came to our home, used the potty and thought Clorox wipes were meant to be used as a sanitary wipe
  • We talked to his parents and sent a note home to them, stating the problem and they took in in stride, luckily
  • I definitely suggest the usage of this product and, while it should NOT be left on the back of the potty in the bathroom, or where small kids can consider it a personal hygiene wipe, it IS great to clean the bathroom

• by Lynnette Perry

Clorox disinfecting wipes have been in our kitchen and bathrooms for at least the last 15 years. Possibly more!

While I use them for cleaning of surfaces and mirrors and windows, as they leave no glass streaks,I do contain the use to counters, glass surfaces, and the bathrooms.

They are great to clean counter tops after preparing things like chicken and help me to prevent cross-contamination from one food to another.

For instance, if I prepare chicken or pork before the vegetables I prepare on the counter top in the kitchen, to prevent samonella or e-coli, I do wipe the surface with a Clorox wipe.

I also do use them to clean the bathrooms, as they should be disinfected and because there have been

so many e-coli issues in the news, etc.

that I am aware that fecal matter can cause issues and I do not wish issues like this in my home?

While I have educated my family on proper hamdwashing after bathroom use, I also know that sometimes when a person is in a hurry they can forget? So in this case and for this reason, I do clean the bathrooms with Clorox wipes!

On the less than positive side, I learned a lesson in education from a 6 year old friend of my children’s when their buddy once came to our home, used the potty and thought Clorox wipes were meant to be used as a sanitary wipe? We did not know, but he stayed with us 3 days on ...

• a long weekend and after every use of the bathroom, he used the wipes to cleanse his bottom.

When he went home he confided in me first that his bottom was sore.

I talked a bit to him and found that little kids can think these wipes might be misconstrued as similar products to Huggies bottom wpes after bathroon use? (His parents kept those at home for him and we were not aware.

) He had been using Clorox Disinfectant wipes from the back of our toilet as sanitary wipes for his little behind and it made him sore.

This is NOT what we expected.

We talked to his parents and sent a note home to them, stating the problem and they took in in stride, luckily.

(His mom was a nurse and knew

this could happen.

) They educated him and from that point on when he came, we HID he wipes from Clorox and got him the regular Huggies wipes he was used to to be on the toilet tank top.

Never under-estimate children!

But that was years ago and we still love and use this product and, especially when we have concern of cross cntamination, we do poull out the Clorox wipes and use them!

I definitely suggest the usage of this product and, while it should NOT be left on the back of the potty in the bathroom, or where small kids can consider it a personal hygiene wipe, it IS great to clean the bathroom.

It is a great product to clean mirrors, clean the bathroom and prevent cross contamination between meats and other food products!

Clorox Disinfecting Wipes

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330061167440730/k2311a0630/6.30.10