Selecta Choco Almond Fudge Ice Cream  » Food  »
  • I bought the 800ml pint of Choco Almond Fudge for only approximately $2.80, and with that price it's really not that expensive for something that 2 persons can share to, maybe even 3
  • As I opened the top, the delicious smell of fudge and chocolate wafted in the air
  • The roasted almond toppings were such a plus either, they all blend and mix in together so well they make the best comfort food that I would suggest to just about everyone
  • This is definitely a comfort food that I will still like to buy in the future

• by jbs

Being a true-blue chocolate lover, I was excited to try this new flavor from Selecta’s ice cream selection. I bought the 800ml pint of Choco Almond Fudge for only approximately $2.80, and with that price it’s really not that expensive for something that 2 persons can share to, maybe even 3.

As I opened the top, the delicious smell of fudge and chocolate wafted in the air; I was eager to see lots of toppings as I expected big and plenty chunks of brownies as their label said, and I couldn’t see the roasted walnuts on the top, I could only see chocolate ice cream, I did not pay heed to

that since I figured they would all be mixed in the middle or deep in the bottom part of the pint. Save the best for last you know? I scooped 2 cups and put it in my ice cream glass.

The milk chocolate ice cream was very creamy in taste, and I liked it! It had this rich and creamy texture that would taste great even without the toppings, but of course why settle for less when you can have more to eat?! To my disappointment, I would say there were only about 1/3 toppings of the whole 2 scoops I had just eaten, I had honestly expected more since the ...

• ice cream’s picture on the label and the advertisement I had seen on television appeared to have much extravagant toppings on them, but silly me, this was no longer a commercial and of course for $2.80 for that big a size, they would have to lessen and scrimp on the fudge brownies and roasted almonds.

But less toppings or not, I would rate this to be an 8 out of 10. Although their toppings were lesser than I expected, they were really delicious - as I took a big spoonful of fudge brownies and milk chocolate ice cream, I even thought I was kind of eating cocoa, it’s a very good

taste! The mix of the chunky brownies and chocolate really tasted something like mocha or cocoa to me. The roasted almond toppings were such a plus either, they all blend and mix in together so well they make the best comfort food that I would suggest to just about everyone!

Although they did damper my appetite a little bit by only having a few but delicious toppings, you can’t beat the taste and the price. I hope they would sprinkle more toppings next time for the consumers as there are really lots of people buying this. This is definitely a comfort food that I will still like to buy in the future.

Selecta Choco Almond Fudge Ice Cream

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730061167430730/k2311a0630/6.30.10