Asus Eee PC Seashell 1005PE Netbook
  • I once tried a friend’s old ASUS Eee and I have to say it was a frustrating experience
  • The best thing about this very portable netbook is the life of the battery

• by LaPinay

As an online writer, I do a lot of traveling mostly for research. On occasions, I would lug my laptop to a local coffee shop and work there. During these times, I need a laptop that is light enough to carry around, and the ASUS Eee Seashell 1005PE, at about 1.5 kg fits the bill.

If I remember correctly, when the ASUS Eee Seashell was first released, it sported only a 7” display. That’s

why this ASUS Eee Seashell 1005PE is a godsend at 10.1” display. It’s a netbook and at about US$550, the 10.1 display is a steal. I once tried a friend’s old ASUS Eee and I have to say it was a frustrating experience. I was typing hunched over with keypads that were made for children. So the bigger display and chiclet-like keypad of this Seashell is a big relief. The glossy back palm rest looked really elegant. With the lid down, this netbook looked like my clutch bag.

I am more familiar with Windows Vista and so the Windows 7 Starter that came bundled took a little getting used to. What I loved about this clamshell is that it has an exclusive application called Web Storage which gives the user 500GB of internet-based storage. This truly gives me total mobility, as I do not have ...

• Asus Eee PC Seashell 1005PE Netbook
      to lug around my external portable storage device which adds extra weight to my shoulder. I have come to appreciate online storage especially after typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana drowned my external storage. I lost all my files, especially the pictures that I have been carefully storing. Of course I am not really sure yet as to its safety from hacking or identity theft. In addition to the Web Storage, this ASUS Eee has a built-in
      160GB hard disk storage in case there is no connection.

The best thing about this very portable netbook is the life of the battery. Previous Eee models lasted for about four (4) hours. This baby lasted more than twice that period. It lasted more than an afternoon’s worth of browsing and typing in a coffee shop. If battery life is a big concern for you, this ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE is the One.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6330061167400730/k2311a0630/6.30.10