The Body Shop Olive Glossing Shampoo
2.5
  • At a little over 400php for the 250ml bottle, I saw that their Olive Glossing Shampoo was within my budget so I decided to try it
  • The best thing I can say about it is that it works just as well, but not better than my regular shampoo and it could even be because I still used my regular conditioner
  • While I like the olive fragrance of the shampoo, I find everything else about it-from its green plastic bottle container to the clear consistency of the shampoo itself and the amount of lather it produces, mediocre
  • That said, I do not recommend this product to anyone

• by ascendant

When it comes to shampoos, I admit that I’m partial to locally made products like Palmolive and Sunsilk because I feel that no one understands Filipino hair better than the Filipinos themselves. It has always been Palmolive and Sunsilk shampoos for me for as long as I can remember and both brands work equally well for my black, medium-length, straight hair. Not that there’s anything wrong with the two but I sometimes wonder if I’m missing out on other brands especially those sold in specialty shops. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Kerastase but their shampoos are a tad too expensive for my taste. My limit is 500php when it comes to hair products. An amount higher than that will send me running in the opposite direction. At close to a

thousand pesos for just the shampoo, Kerastase then is out of the question.

During a trip to the mall, I went inside The Body Shop and told the sales assistant that I was looking for shampoo. At a little over 400php for the 250ml bottle, I saw that their Olive Glossing Shampoo was within my budget so I decided to try it. It was still more expensive than the Sunsilk and Palmolive I’m used to (each less than a hundred pesos each for a 200ml bottle) but I gave it a go because it was something new for me. The front label says it’s a shine-enhancing shampoo with Community Trade organic olive oil for normal/dry hair. I guess I was hoping that the shampoo would do something different for my normal hair, to make up at ...

• least for the price difference between it and my regular shampoo but after using it every other day for a month I did not notice or feel any difference in my hair at all. The olive scent did not last long and if I follow up the shampoo with a different brand conditioner, the olive scent of the shampoo becomes easily overpowered. There is also no marked difference in the softness, shine, and texture of my hair. The best thing I can say about it is that it works just as well, but not better than my regular shampoo and it could even be because I still used my regular conditioner.

clear consistency of the shampoo itself and the amount of lather it produces, mediocre. It was as if they just took a regular shampoo, placed it in a better package and stamped it with The Body Shop’s brand and logo. It was just ok for me, nothing spectacular. What’s nice about the packaging though is that it is recyclable. It has a screw on cap which makes refilling it a breeze. I, of course, will re-use the bottle and refill it with a different brand shampoo.

That said, I do not recommend this product to anyone. In this period of recession where every Filipino’s motto should be, “why pay more if you can get the same quality for less,” this product is an antithesis. I will not be re-purchasing The Body Shop’s Olive Glossing Shampoo ever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130061167370730/k2311a0630/6.30.10