Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer
  • But having tried some of their trial sample sizes, I know the effectiveness of their products
  • Having tried Smashbox Photo Finish Green Primer, I thought I was pretty much settled with that product
  • My main problem with any cosmetic product is my skin’s reaction to it
  • Since Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer promised to do just that, I decided to try it
  • I also noticed that throughout the day, the foundation stay put

• by sangwon

It goes without saying that Clarins is an expensive brand. But having tried some of their trial sample sizes, I know the effectiveness of their products. They don’t compensate poor quality with fragrances and some inconsequential ingredients. They’re not miracle products but they perform far beyond the drugstore counterparts. I’ve tried their moisturizers and compact foundations and was pretty satisfied; but the price kept me from buying their products again. On the other hand, when it comes to primer, I would have to say that money is no object, even on my budget.

Having tried Smashbox Photo Finish Green Primer, I thought I was pretty much settled with that product. But I started to wonder if there were other primers out there that would perform better. My main problem with any cosmetic product is my skin’s reaction to it. I get these red hard

localized bumps on my cheeks that look like insect bites. No matter how reputable the product and the brand, I get the same reaction but the frequency is less. In addition to this hyper-reactive skin, I have really oily skin. While the Smashbox primer does wonders for my redness and acne scars, it didn’t do an equal job for concealing pores and evenness. Since Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer promised to do just that, I decided to try it.

I thought the Smashbox primer was, by far, my favorite product. But after trying the Clarins primer, Smashbox has a contender. What Smashbox did for my redness and blotchiness, Clarins did equally for my pores and acne scars. When I put applied a light layer to my problem areas, I noticed an instance decrease in visibility of my pores. Normally, my nose looks like ...

• an orange peel but with the application of the Clarins primer, my nose transformed from a fruit peel to a refined and a reasonably sculpted anatomical structure. And those pithy areas of old acne scars that looked like the surface of the moon seem to fill in to give a more smooth and evenness in texture. The product also claims to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, but since I don’t have them (yet), I can’t attest to that. But if it can minimize pore size, I can see how it’ll do the same for wrinkles. My skin looked smooth, uniform, and had a nice matte finish, not to mention it felt like a baby’s bottom.

I also noticed that throughout the day, the foundation stay put! I didn’t have to reapply and not as much if I did. It did a better job of controlling the

oil secretion around my T-zone than any other cosmetic product I’ve used. For me, I would say the oil-controlling properties of the primer lasted about 3 to 5 hours, depending on the weather. But more importantly, my facial imperfections remain hidden. The primer did such a good job of concealing and coverage that I was duped into thinking my skin was great (until I washed it off at night).

Overall, I was pretty pleased with all aspects of this primer – the oil control, the matte finish, the coverage of pores and acne scars, the light feel. Currently, I use a combination of the Smashbox green primer and Clarins to combat my facial imperfections and I’m satisfied with both. I am more reliant on Clarins because my skin doesn’t react to it as much as it does to the Smashbox primer. It’s become a product I can’t do without.

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129061167131130/k2311a0629/6.29.10