Cross Townsend- Rhodium w/ Grey Laquer: Fine Writing Instrument  » Other  »
  • My experience with Cross has yet to be anything short of excellent
  • In 2007, my Cross Century that I had been using since 2001 finally wore down to the base metal underneath the gold plate, so I decided to get another one
  • I am extremely impressed with this pen's durability and resistance to wear
  • The only problem is that the Rhodium finish started to wear off after only six months, and is now starting to show some of the brass
  • Overall I think this is a good, durable pen

• by Ricardo L

I have been an avid and reoccurring buyer and user of Cross pens for decades. I use them as my primary writing instruments. My experience with Cross has yet to be anything short of excellent. Whenever the pen I was using at the time finally wore out, which usually took 5 to 10 years, I’d always buy another Cross pen. In 2007, my Cross Century that I had been using since 2001 finally wore down to the base metal underneath the gold plate, so I decided to get another one. While browsing Cross products, I came across the Townsend collection, which featured a much wider and heavier barrel, English

lacquer, and polished precious metal accents. I liked the thicker barrel and its style. For $120, it was more expensive than a Century, but I had to give it a try.

I really like the thick barrel. It makes it easier to write smoother. I have problems with my finger joints due to multiple breaks, which always caused pain in my hand when writing with a Century. The thicker barrel almost eliminates the pain and I am finally able to write for longer periods of time once again. The weight makes the writing experience much smoother. Both characteristics work very well with one another, making for one of the greatest writing experiences I have ever come across.

I am extremely impressed with this pen’s durability and resistance to wear. This pen has gone through a tremendous amount in the last few years that I have used it. It has been dropped from as much as a few feet countless times, it’s gone through the washer and drier many times, it’s been in my pocket for almost 3 years straight, you name it. The pen only has one small dent on the cap. The only problem is that the Rhodium finish started to wear off after only six months, and is now starting to show some of the brass. It ...

• Cross Townsend- Rhodium w/ Grey Laquer: Fine Writing Instrument
      does take away from the prestige. But nevertheless, the base metals used are extremely durable. This is basically a bulletproof pen. When it comes to durability, this is definitely the best I’ve ever seen. But the ability to keep its finish suffers a bit.

I like the ink cartridges that the Townsend line uses. It is a thick gel that is extremely dark and deep, permanent, and bold. It writes very well and consistently. The only issue I have with it is that it runs out rather quick. I only get about a month out of a cartridge, which, at $5, can get expensive. It also goes from a full

line to nothing in a matter of a couple words. I’d prefer a little warning if anything.

Overall I think this is a good, durable pen. However, it’s not for the user. The $120 price tag is due to the Rhodium finish, which wears off after just a little bit of use. While it’s extremely durable and can last decades if not centuries, it can be a waste of money. If you need something that’s prestigious to put on your desk and write with, this is the perfect pen. I’m very impressed with the Townsend line. I am fully confident that this is the greatest line of pens to ever hit the market.

ANIKET says :

re : Overall I think this is a good, durable pen
This pan write very fast and net and clean

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1229061166901130/k2311a0629/6.29.10