Revlon Age Defying Two-Way Foundation With Botafirm, SPF12  » Cosmetics  »
  • But next I was disappointed to see that they only had 4 available shades and mentioned that these were made to suit Asian shades
  • After much trial I decided to go for the 06 Natural Beige shade, which seemed to be the closest match for my skin tone
  • And had a separate section for storing the sponge applicator, which I prefer as it is more hygienic
  • Other than that this is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it

• by true_value

Because of my oily and sensitive skin type I usually prefer using powder foundations. I felt that liquid foundations were too heavy for my skin’s comfort and for this reason even though I was so attracted and badly wanted to use the Botafirm Age Defying series from Revlon I couldn’t as they were all in either cream or liquid forms.

Finally, when they introduced the Revlon Age-Defying Two-Way Foundation with Botafirm I had to get it.

When I reached the drugstore I was excited to see the packaging, which was in the same red color as their Botafirm Age-Defying series products. But next I was disappointed to see that they only had 4 available shades and mentioned that these were made to suit Asian shades. After much trial I decided to go for the 06 Natural Beige shade, which seemed to be the closest match for my skin tone. As for the price it was bit more expensive than the other 2-way foundations from Revlon’s own and

even when compared with other drugstore brands. It was priced at S$28.00.

The rectangle shaped metallic red casing looked really slim, sleek and classy with an expensive feel to it. It came with a handy decent sized mirror on the inside unlike the tiny ones that comes with the round packaging. And had a separate section for storing the sponge applicator, which I prefer as it is more hygienic. The size of the sponge was fairly big and square shaped. Another great feature of the packaging was that it had ventilation windows at the back so that the sponge can dry when used wet thus reducing the chances of bacteria.

When I tested the powder on my skin I really liked how the powder blended and I felt as if the powder was melting right into my skin like cream and giving my skin a dewy finish.

As for the product Revlon claims that the Botafirm infused formula helps reduce the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles ...

• so that skin looks smoother and younger, the soft focus powder smoothes and blends out skin imperfections for a natural translucent and long lasting finish and that the Vitamin E and Luffa Hydro-essence would protect skin from free radicals and help maintain its natural moisture.

I couldn’t wait to go home and try it on my face. I went to the cashier and made the payment and headed home.

The first time I used it , I used it dry and I loved how it felt silky smooth and instantly evened out my skin tone and made my skin look smooth and dewy. First of all I do not like full coverage so I only use one application. But for those who prefer full coverage this would work wonderfully well. It does not look overdone or cakey at all.

I have used it wet too and that way it gives a fuller coverage but still does not look chalky or caked up. I prefer the dry application

just because I feel it is better suited for my oily skin.

Both ways the foundation feels lightweight and does not feel like I am wearing makeup. The coverage however is different when I used it with my brush. That way it gives a very sheer application so it is really up to you how you want to use it and how much of coverage you want. As for me I prefer using the sponge applicator.

Normally for me I would have to touch up several times a day but with this I didn’t have to that many times and just a few of my blotting sheet was enough to keep my face looking fresh and bright all day. And its great to know that it has sun protection, has Vitamin E and the Age-Defying Botafirm.

I only wish there were more shades available as I sometimes feel the shade is tad too yellow for me. Other than that this is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129061166671030/k2311a0629/6.29.10