The Demonata Book 1: Lord Loss
  • Lord Loss was a very interesting book for me to read
  • But if you enjoy the horror genre, you’re going to like this series and I only recommend it to the older teens that are mature enough to handle horror stories
  • This isn’t really my type of book, but it is very well done and it’s definitely worth a read

• by ReViewMeMedia

The Demonata is a young adult dark horror series Darren Shan. The first book follows a young teen named Grubs Grady and how he discovers a horrifying supernatural world after his parents and his younger sister Gret are brutally murdered by a demon named Lord Loss.

The Deomonata: Lord Loss was a very interesting book for me to read. I don’t normally enjoy first person narration in books

but I liked this one. It was very creepy and scary and had great imagery, which is vital in a horror title because you can’t “see” anything, unlike a horror movie where you can see everything.

I’m not a horror fan, but I did enjoy this book and Darren Shan is a very interesting author and he knows how to write scary stories, the imagery is very creepy and it’s ...

• pretty graphic for a young adult book. But if you enjoy the horror genre, you’re going to like this series and I only recommend it to the older teens that are mature enough to handle horror stories. There is some profanity in the book for parents who want to know what kind of language is in it.

It’s not too much though, but it is in there

every so often. This isn’t really my type of book, but it is very well done and it’s definitely worth a read. If you’re a horror fan you’ll probably end up buying the entire Demonata series, but if you’re a casual reader, I recommend checking it out from the library first.

You can find The Demonata: Lord Loss at your local bookstore, your local library or online at Amazon.com.

Andrew Leither says :

But if you enjoy the horror genre, you re going to like this series and I only recommend it to the older teens that are mature enough to handle horror stories. Another one I have to agree with. The Demonata Book 1: Lord Loss sounds great and entertaining it’s got good plot, great characters with lots of action and suspense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1729061166591030/k2311a0629/6.29.10