Philips DVD Player DVP 3140  » Electronics  »
  • I found the Philips DVD Player DVP 3140 on sale at Walmart for just $49.99CDN

• by Melissa Glenn

We needed a new DVD Player for our living room but didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I found the Philips DVD Player DVP 3140 on sale at Walmart for just $49.99CDN. Philips is an electronics brand I trust, and I have previously bought other electronic’s from them such as a stereo and rechargable men’s razor. This DVD came with a full 12 month warranty that didn’t require extra payment, simply a photocopy of our proof of

purchase to be mailed in.

This is a great little DVD player for the money. Philips have really streamlined their design’s of DVD players and this one is about an inch and a half high, twelve inches across and ten inches down. While it’s not tiny, it’s not huge either and it plays DVD’s without sticking or stopping. The remote control included with this DVD player has quite small buttons, and I find that the only downfall to this system.

The ...

• remote control quickly gets the DVD player to come on, pause and switch off. I find the Philips DVD player has an excellent sound when it is hooked up to my television which I didn’t expect until I saw that on the top of the DVD player the Dolby Surround Sticker is clearly visible.

Another great thing I found with this Philips DVD player is that it is a progressive scan player meaning I can easily search a DVD

for contents and menu. I find this especially beneficial when I am watching previously recorded television series as I can quickly find what I am looking for. Even better this DVD player makes very little noise, and it is never squeaky.

If you are looking for a new DVD player and don’t have a lot of money try the Philips DVD Player DVP 3140. It is excellent value for money, comes with a warranty and a remote control and is easy to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1629061166501030/k2311a0629/6.29.10