Pink Floyd - The Dogs Of War (Song)
  • The verse goes on for an extremely long period of time and after a while I will admit that it gets sort of boring just because there isn’t very much going on
  • Yes, the track is repetitive and doesn’t have anything which is all that interesting about it, but I wouldn’t say that this is the band’s worse

• by Grimmy101

The Dogs Of War is a song by Pink Floyd which appears on their album A Momentary Lapse Of Reason. The song starts up with some synthesizers and background noise which work to gradually build up the music in hopes that something good will follow, we’ll see if this happens.

Gilmour comes in with the vocals which sound as if they have some slight effect on them and thus

far the track isn’t that bad.

The verse goes on for an extremely long period of time and after a while I will admit that it gets sort of boring just because there isn’t very much going on: it’s really just these background synthesizers along with Gilmour’s voice in a repeating cycle.

At about three minutes into the song the track takes a shift with a heavy drum rhythm ...

• coming in followed by Gilmour’s guitar solo which is a welcome change for the song.

A saxophone solo also comes in later on during the track which is somewhat reminiscent of Money.

I’ve read that this is voted to be the worst track done by Pink Floyd, and although I’m not crazy about the song, I wouldn’t go so far as to say that this is their worst song.

Yes, the track is repetitive and doesn’t have anything which is all that interesting about it, but I wouldn’t say that this is the band’s worse.

To be honest, I don’t think that The Dogs Of War is that bad of a song and it has a nice full sound throughout some sections although I still wouldn’t say the song is that great, just sort of a solid track I suppose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429061166150930/k2311a0629/6.29.10