The Rolling Stones - I Wanna Be Your Man (Song)
  • Generally when I review covers I’m not all that familiar with the original version of the song but in this case I know the cover and I know the original as well so this will help
  • Jagger seems to sing in a very slight variation of the melody of the song which works very nicely with the song and a listener should definitely get the impression that this is a far more energetic version of the song compared to the original
  • Both versions are good but I certainly liked what The Rolling Stones did with their cover and would recommend it

• by Grimmy101

I Wanna Be Your Man is a cover of a Beatles song performed by The Rolling Stones. Generally when I review covers I’m not all that familiar with the original version of the song but in this case I know the cover and I know the original as well so this will help.

What’s extremely different about The Beatles original version of this song and The Stones’ cover is that The Rolling Stones are far

more energetic in the track and it’s certainly more rock driven whereas The Beatles’ is still a bit more of pop-rock and is just more laid-back overall.

Right from the start of this track a very quick guitar riff comes in and you can certainly hear a nice blues-rock influence on The Stones’ interpretation of this track.

Jagger seems to sing in a very slight variation of the melody of the song which works very ...

• nicely with the song and a listener should definitely get the impression that this is a far more energetic version of the song compared to the original.

I also want to add that the steady bass line of this song certainly adds a nice and steady rhythm throughout the entire song so this is another nice thing The Stones did with the track.

The track continues to go on in this very energetic fashion, including

a guitar solo, before finishing up.

In comparison to The Beatles’ original of this song the main difference is that The Rolling Stones have a far more rock driven sound whereas The Beatles were still sounding more pop-rock.

The things that come along with this are increased energy, more definitive instruments, and just a different overall feel.

Both versions are good but I certainly liked what The Rolling Stones did with their cover and would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429061166100930/k2311a0629/6.29.10