The Beatles - I Want You, She’s So Heavy (Song)  » Music  »
  • The song opens up with a lightly distorted guitar riff which is the main riff of the song and is certainly strong enough to be so, it’s a solid riff in my opinion
  • In the past this track always struck me as a bit too long to be all that interesting but now that I’m listening to the song again I’m actually really enjoying the song
  • To be honest, I haven’t really appreciated this track but now I’d consider it to certainly be one of the gems of Abbey Road and I’d urge a listener to really pay attention and listen to the excellent music on this song

• by Grimmy101

I Want You (She’s So Heavy) is a song by The Beatles which appears on their record Abbey Road. I will point out that this is the longest track on Abbey Road and also longer than the average Beatle song as its length is around eight minutes.

The song opens up with a lightly distorted guitar riff which is the main riff of the song and is certainly strong enough to be so, it’s a solid riff in my opinion.

The vocals soon come in a somewhat light fashion before the song establishes a

somewhat steady rhythm which sort of sounds a bit like jazz to be honest.

However, something about this song which you’ll probably also notice is that the lyrics are extremely repetitive.

Well you’re going to have to accept this about this song because there are really no new lyrics throughout the song until it gets to the second half, She’s So Heavy, where there are still very few lyrics, most of it is just repetition of a certain phrase.

In the past this track always struck me as a bit too long to be ...

• all that interesting but now that I’m listening to the song again I’m actually really enjoying the song.

The track overall has a pretty nice jazz like feel in some sections but it also takes a shift for a much more aggressive sound, a lot of this thanks to the organ lines, which has a great sound overall in my opinion.

I will admit that without this organ the song would sound a bit less interesting but the point I’m trying to make is that the hectic organ lines throughout this song are extremely

beneficial to the track, the bass line throughout the track carries a nice rhythm as well.

It’s sort of ironic that very minimal lyrics are combined with this very intricate music but it’s no big deal as the excellent music on this track certainly gives a listener a lot to focus on with this song.

To be honest, I haven’t really appreciated this track but now I’d consider it to certainly be one of the gems of Abbey Road and I’d urge a listener to really pay attention and listen to the excellent music on this song.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429061166060930/k2311a0629/6.29.10