The Rolling Stones - Dear Doctor (Song)
  • The vocals start in right away along with an acoustic guitar part and a slight harmonica as well which gives it somewhat of a folk rock sound in my opinion
  • A complaint that I often find myself making against The Rolling Stones is that they’re sometimes just too straightforward rock and roll in many of their songs which is something about them which always draws boring for me personally
  • However, in this track The Stones don’t take a typical rock approach and I’m glad that they went with a different sound as it sounds a lot more interesting in my opinion and they also do a good job with the sound as well

• by Grimmy101

Dear Doctor is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Beggars Banquet. The vocals start in right away along with an acoustic guitar part and a slight harmonica as well which gives it somewhat of a folk rock sound in my opinion.

Jagger’s vocal melody on the track works nicely and as the track continues you certainly get a very obvious

blues influence on the overall sound of the track.

In fact, just look at the instrumentation of the track and you would be able to guess that the track probably has a blues sound even without hearing the song.

A complaint that I often find myself making against The Rolling Stones is that they’re sometimes just too straightforward rock and roll in many of their ...

• songs which is something about them which always draws boring for me personally.

However, in this track The Stones don’t take a typical rock approach and I’m glad that they went with a different sound as it sounds a lot more interesting in my opinion and they also do a good job with the sound as well.

The track has a very blues feel from

the start to finish but The Stones still have their characteristic sound, thanks a lot to Jagger’s voice, and overall I find this to be a pretty good track.

I wouldn’t consider this one of my favorite songs by The Rolling Stones but I’m glad that they took a blues approach with the song and didn’t just go with a straightforward rock song, worth looking into in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429061166050930/k2311a0629/6.29.10