Elizabeth Arden All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • The reason of putting waterproof cosmetics is not only for long wearing purposes but actually stemming from my oily problem
  • I found this product upon shopping for travel kits and hoped it was a better contender to my old make up remover
  • It doesn’t leave any taut sensation or a matte film, instead it has a propensity to aggravate the oiliness around my skin due to its oil content, which in a way, makes an ironic disadvantage, as it’s not really a standalone makeup remover
  • Most products are too rich and result to white heads growing along the barren brow bone so I avoid spreading the oil toward that direction
  • For those searching a good eye makeup remover with a less oily formula, then I recommend you squeeze this product on your next buy-it list

• by jhunie

Elizabeth Arden is a trusty brand of cleansers – as far as removing piles of makeup is concerned. Adding to my love for Elizabeth Arden’s Intervene, a multi-tasking facial wash, is this All Gone Eye and Lip cosmetic cleanser. I’m an insatiable makeup-person and every beauty addict knows that some stubborn waterproof cosmetics, primarily for the eyes, can be such a pain to remove. I especially like to tune up the life of my makeup by adding waterproof flourishes. Adding insult to injury is the oiliness of my upper eyelids which upsets the staying power of my eye makeup. The reason of putting waterproof cosmetics is not only for long wearing purposes but actually stemming from my oily problem. I found this product upon shopping for travel kits and hoped it was a better contender to my old make up remover.

Generally, many makeup removers come in oil-based formulas. This particular solution has an emulsion-like appearance. I was anticipating it would, to some degree, feel less oily than most of the products out there but still, it left traces of oil. Disregarding the oily residue, the dual-purpose solution was twice more capable of

sweeping the layers of eye makeup, as well as the stiff inky mascara off my fluffy lashes, compared to the previous greasy product that required extra tugging. There are lash-falls involved during the process but rarely – a relief to the pull-intensive gestures I relatively have to endure with my old make up remover. I’ve had the pleasures of using Shu uemura’s cleansing oils and another one from lancome which fared poorly against my mascaras. So I deemed it’s best to append a well-capable eye makeup remover to my post-makeup regimen.

I also reached for famed cleansing milks around but they’re no different as their oily counterparts. This melts all the mounds of eye makeup, from the base, cream and powdery eye shadows, the dark eye liner pigments rimming my waterline, mascara base and the most resistant of all – waterproof sealants. I sometimes purposely coat my eye lids with a sealant to finish my eye color and to extend its wear because of my oily case, also waterproof gel mascara for my lashes – makeup forever’s eye seal and clarins waterproof mascara, respectively. Like acetone for the nails, the solution wipes out the makeup ...

• especially the ones often left out by my old makeup removers. I’m getting an inkling that my lashes are thinning at the moment so all the more I needed to put thick layers of mascara. The product gets rid of the occasional mascara residue I sometimes see in the morning, even after thorough cleansing the night before.

The eye makeup remover has a semi-oil consistency, it seems rather tilting more on the fluid side than oily, although, it sets a bit like oil on the skin. It doesn’t leave any taut sensation or a matte film, instead it has a propensity to aggravate the oiliness around my skin due to its oil content, which in a way, makes an ironic disadvantage, as it’s not really a standalone makeup remover. It would be advisable to use it as an end to all the day’s worth of eye makeup, and not to transition between different looks, because its moisturizing oily texture hampers the adherence of most makeup I put on my eyes. Nevertheless, I consequently wash my face provided all traces of makeup have been cleared off my skin. In a nutshell, it’s a good mechanical eye

cleanser before hitting the sink and washing one’s face with water.

I can usually finish the act in 2 swipes with this solution, no more than that since I don’t want to rub my delicate eyes vigorously, as if throwing all the expensive eye creams out of the window. Most products are too rich and result to white heads growing along the barren brow bone so I avoid spreading the oil toward that direction. It’s also pretty good at wiping out the under eye concealers which are typically cakey and thick.

And oh, the bottle requires a great deal of shaking to disperse its so-called 3-tiered concentration, you’ll know if it’s ready to pour once it begins frothing up. The good thing about its transparent container is that you can really see its contents. It comes in a tall bottle that should last a long time costing probably 12 dollars, and yet a little goes a long way. For those searching a good eye makeup remover with a less oily formula, then I recommend you squeeze this product on your next buy-it list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129061165880930/k2311a0629/6.29.10