Ghirardelli Chocolate Double Chocolate Brownie Mix  » Food  »
  • These brownies are deserving of a 9 rating in my opinion

• by CirclingCanvas

This boxed brownie mix has chocolate chips in the mix. The chocolate chips that end up being baked right into the brownies provide “pockets” of richer, stronger chocolate flavor amidst the more subdued but nonetheless good brownie cake, hence the “double chocolate” name on the box.

Although I wouldn’t say that these brownies are positively loaded with chocolate chips, I felt that there were enough chocolate

chips here and there to make these brownies good and tasty.

I didn’t need to taste a chocolate chip in every bite and I didn’t.

In addition to the deeper chocolaty flavor, the chocolate chips also offered a slightly harder and chewier texture than the brownie cake itself, although they were still pretty soft.

The brownies came out tasting moist and they remained relatively moist for ...

• about a week before starting to dry out.

Depending on how big or small I cut the brownies, I can usually get anywhere from twenty to thirty-five brownies out of a mix.

For two dollars a box, I’m not really so sure that they are worth the money because while the brownies are soft, moist and rich in chocolate, I can get cheaper brownie mixes at

Walmart and those brownie mixes come out tasting basically as good, although admittedly, it’s not always easy to find a brownie mix that comes with chocolate chips under the name brands like Pillsbury and Betty Crocker.

This is a quality brownie mix and it’s one that I’ve bought before and I’ll probably buy again at some point.

These brownies are deserving of a “9″ rating in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2729061165790930/k2311a0629/6.29.10