Disneyland Paris (Amusement Park in France)  » Entertainment  »
B.P. 100 - 77 Marne la Vallée; Ile-de-France; France
  • And the truth is that it was a great experience
  • I have very fond memories of this park, and even I visited Port Aventura and Terra Mitica later, I prefer EuroDisney
  • But I know that the one I liked the most was the first
  • Which was also very good was the haunted house (I was told), which unfortunately I could not see (one day is not enough time to see everything) and we lost time watching parades and stuff like that that parents
  • In any case, if you have money, I recommend it

• by raisen90

We went to visit a cousin of mine in his wedding in Germany when passing through Paris we saw a huge Mickey head floating in the air. EuroDisneyland was to be inaugurated the same day. A week later, when returning, my brother and I managed to convince our parents (did not take long to be convinced) to stop by.

And the truth is that it was a great experience!

I have very fond memories of this park, and even I visited Port Aventura and Terra Mitica later, I prefer EuroDisney.

This park is divided into several thematic areas: Discoveryland, Adventureland and several others I can not remember the name.

But I know that the one I liked the most was the first.

There we found the visual attractions: the circular cinema, 3D cinema, cinema motion … Bah, what a thing, you will say, those things were also at the Expo. Yes, they were, but there’s no comparison. You can not compare the film loop showing landscapes of China (as in the Expo of Seville) with circular film when actually

what you see is a robot with the power to time travel.

And the fact is that Disney and all it’s multimedia attractions are designed to shock the public, and it shows.

Another example: both in the Expo and in Terra Mitica you can find the cinema with movement. You know, those seats that move to the rhythm of the action on the screen (a camel ride, the flight of an arrow …). Well, in EuroDisney there was ALL THE FILM ROOM moving and the film that was projected was of a spacecraft, a jumbo spacecraft in which we were the passengers, who suddenly were immersed in full attack of .. THE STAR OF DEATH! And all full of X-wings and Tie-Fighters …!!! A joy.

Moreover, unlike other parks, when you are queueing there’s always something the most entertaining to watch. For example, at the entrance of the theater of movement we were in the middle of a short queue. Then when we entered and remained in line at the terminal of the spaceport, we saw ...

• ourselves surrounded with robots and animatronics. C3PO and R2D2 were there discussing, also a very friendly little robot did nothing but complain about his bosses … and we, without realizing it, were having a good time during the hour and half waiting (well, more or less, but certainly better than Port Aventura and Terra Mitica, especially the latter).

Then there are the thrill rides (when I went there there were not the barrel of Jules Verne or the roller coaster at the back) that were not bad, but they have nothing to do with Port Aventura and Terra Mitica (must be borne in mind that Disney is mostly for children). The roller coaster was simplistic, but the whole mountain (they’re mine cars of a train coming down and climbing a mountain) is artificial…

Which was also very good was the haunted house (I was told), which unfortunately I could not see (one day is not enough time to see everything) and we lost time watching parades and stuff like that that parents .are so fond of….

: (

And the cleanness … well, much cleaner than Port Aventura (which says a lot) and certainly much cleaner than the Terra Mitica. It was like when you threw a paper someone behind us was already collecting it. Fantastic.

But … it had to be something wrong: prices. Mygod, it was very expensive (do not know if now it’s cheapen the prices). I remember we had no food (except hard boiled eggs because they were celebrating the Passover in Germany or something, and the eggs were painted … oh, and chocolate) and my father got his card swallowed by an ATM, and between whistles and flutes we fed ourselves to eggs and chocolate all day … and here we see a little girl, very blonde, very European, throwing popcorn on the floor …what an agony to see that!!

In any case, if you have money, I recommend it. Especially now that rides have been added. I guess that if we have had more money it would’ve been and even nicer experience(starving and all we had fun anyways:)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5929061165490830/k2311a0629/6.29.10