Acer PCs  » Computers  »
1.5
  • Thought would be the equaliser configurations at first but it wasn’t that problem because it still happened after we adjusted it
  • I would not recommend Acer to anyone ever since then

• by nzlem

Went to Dick Smith to get a new PC recently when they had sales on. Saw a mini-sized Acer Aspire, quite fancy looking and thought could save some space with a mini one. So, we bought the PC.

After we set the PC up we found out that the sound wasn’t right. It didn’t

play some music files and even if it did, it was with echo and it was very soft. Thought would be the equaliser configurations at first but it wasn’t that problem because it still happened after we adjusted it. We brought it back to the shop and the staff with tech skills couldn’t solve the problem as well. They said it may be a faulty one. We asked for another PC of the same model but they were all sold off so we had no choice but to get another Acer with slightly higher price. They tested it to make sure there was no problem with it. Then,

• Acer PCs
      we took it home and set everything up. It worked fine the first day but on the second day the sound problem happened again. We again brought it back to the shop and again the staff couldn’t figure out the problem.

In the end, we lost confidence with Acer, we did a swap with

a HP one at the same price plus a set of stereo speakers as a compensation. HP is working fine after 6 months, no problems at all.

I would not recommend Acer to anyone ever since then. Go for HP eventhough Acer is belonged to HP as well but they don’t use the same components.

Dawson Stutler says :

re : I would not recommend Acer to anyone ever since then
I disagree with this comment because I have the same exact computer and it is awesome. I personally like it not only is it relatively inexpensive but as well very high speed. This computer and monitor work together very well and I would rate this a four star just for the fact that it is inexpensive compared to gaming speed computers.

Emily M Gazmen says :

i also have same computer which also did not give me any problem yet, but when i run some compilers on this pc, it lose its speed running slow and i need to put off some extra programs to run it smooth. its just good i will give 3 stars this computer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1929061165320830/k2311a0629/6.29.10