Roux Fanci-full color refreshing rinse
2.5
  • I started coloring my hair at home a few years ago, and was always presented with a problem when the roots grew out quickly, but my hair was not in a healthy enough state of recovery to re-apply color

• by reviewabit

I started coloring my hair at home a few years ago, and was always presented with a problem when the roots grew out quickly, but my hair was not in a healthy enough state of recovery to re-apply color. My hairdresser recommended that I use a product called Roux Fanciful in between colorings, just to touch up the roots. It is a liquid, temporary color rinse that comes in several shades and has apparently been around for a long time.

The first time I tried it out, it

was quite messy. The dark brown liquid called “frivolous fawn” is not easily managed with fingers or even a comb.

It ran everywhere– all over my face and neck and covering the sink. After cleaning up the mess I took a good look at the base of my scalp where I had applied it.

It gave semi-translucent coverage. It was not a 100% cover– if you looked closely you could tell the roots did not match the rest of the hair.

There were very few shades to ...

• choose from, so finding one that exactly matched my haircolor would not have been possible. I was concerned that the color was going to rub off on my clothing and sheets, especially considering what a mess I made of it in the bathroom! Fortunately, after it completely dried, I did not see it rubbing off anywhere.

There were no flakes either– I have to give it due credit there. It seemed to add a little volume to my hair as well, which was an unexpected plus.

Although it didn’t give me a salon quality look, it did make the difference in the color of the roots less noticable, so I do use it from time to time for that. However, application is so messy that I dread it, and I would suggest that the makers come out with a mousse form, or a gel or anything heavier and more manageable than what it is now.

More colors to choose from would be helpful as well. My best review for it is “mediocre.

” Usable, but not terribly practical.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061165100530/k2311a0628/6.28.10